Online Emma Watson searches deemed 'most dangerous'
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Actress Emma Watson leads the latest list of most dangerous celebrities to search for online.
The "Harry Potter" star is the favorite celebrity bait for cyber criminals trying to lure Internet users to download malicious software or give up personal information.
McAfee, a security technology company, says when searching for Watson, there's a one-in-eight chance of landing on a malicious site.
Other celebs on the list include Jessica Biel, Eva Mendes, Selena Gomez and Halle Berry.
This is the sixth time the Intel-owned security technology company has conducted the study, which was last year topped by Heidi Klum. Female celebrities are far more likely to be utilized by cyber criminals: late-night host Jimmy Kimmel was the only male in the top 20.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
celebrity, technology, security, entertainment
- Fallbrook bus crash: 1 dead, several injured
- Tour bus overturns on 15 Freeway in Corona
- Baca says special hiring program dismantled
- London theater partial collapse; 75+ hurt
- Kelly Thomas trial: Cause of death revisited
- Moorpark High closed after threatening note
- Kate Middleton phone messages read in court
- abcnews: Missing medical resident's car found
- Target security breach: 40M possibly affected
- Report finds bacteria on 97 percent of chicken
- Local woman receives seizure-treating implant
- Kobe Bryant injured again, will miss 6 weeks
- Farrah Fawcett portrait belongs to O'Neal
- OTRC: Kristen Johnston diagnosed w/ Lupus Myelitis