Online Emma Watson searches deemed 'most dangerous'
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Actress Emma Watson leads the latest list of most dangerous celebrities to search for online.
The "Harry Potter" star is the favorite celebrity bait for cyber criminals trying to lure Internet users to download malicious software or give up personal information.
McAfee, a security technology company, says when searching for Watson, there's a one-in-eight chance of landing on a malicious site.
Other celebs on the list include Jessica Biel, Eva Mendes, Selena Gomez and Halle Berry.
This is the sixth time the Intel-owned security technology company has conducted the study, which was last year topped by Heidi Klum. Female celebrities are far more likely to be utilized by cyber criminals: late-night host Jimmy Kimmel was the only male in the top 20.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
celebrity, technology, security, entertainment
- James Gandolfini of 'Sopranos' dies at 51
- Hollywood panhandlers allegedly kill LA woman
- OC caregiver arrested for alleged sex assault
- Tip led to ex-USC professor's Mexico arrest
- Fugitive child-abuse couple seen in Maywood
- Wrong-way driver charged with DUI in 14 pile-up
- West Hills murder suspect pleads not guilty
- Man stabbed during carjacking in Oxnard
- TWA Flight 800 documentary hints at cover-up
- Afghan leader suspends talks with Taliban, US
- abcnews: Marine returns from war as underwear model
- Piedmont beef's lower fat entices connoisseurs
- Michael Jackson chef describes confrontation
- OTRC: 'Anchorman 2' new trailer (Video)
- Beverly Hills 9OH2O luxury water put to test
27 min ago
- Silicon Beach Fest highlights LA's tech scene
4 min ago