Walter Koenig of 'Star Trek' gets Walk of Fame star
HOLLYWOOD, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Walter Koenig became the final original cast member of "Star Trek" to get a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame.
Fellow "Star Trek" alums George Takei and Nichelle Nichols attended the Monday ceremony. Koenig's star is the 2,479th and is located near Takei's.
Koenig played Ensign Pavel Chekov in the original "Star Trek" series. The character was known for his sense of humor and oddball nationalism.
The ceremony came two days after the 46th anniversary of the premiere of the series.
celebrity, hollywood, entertainment
- 3 attacked by bees in La Canada Flintridge
- Compton shootings leave 2 dead within hours
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- Malaysia missing jet: Door possibly found
- Pedestrians fatally struck in Norwalk ID'd 51 min ago
- 2 SoCal hikers die amid record-breaking heat
- 2 LAPD officers injured in West L.A. crash
- Dana Point shooting suspect sought by deputies
- State oversight may tame California pot shops
- Car bomb attack kills at least 42 in Iraq
- abcnews: Skydiver collides with plane in Fla.
- Ukraine won't budge '1 centimeter' from land
- '300' sequel rules box office w/ $45.1M debut
- Photos: 'Revenge's Emily VanCamp: 15 Sexiest Looks