Oscars 2013: Don Mischer named director for 3rd straight year
BEVERLY HILLS, Calif. (KABC) -- For the third consecutive year, Don Mischer has been named as the director of the 2013 Oscars.
"I am so very excited to be directing the Academy Awards again this year and to be working with creative producers like Craig [Zadan] and Neil [Meron]," said Mischer. "All of us at Don Mischer Productions are also thrilled to be producing the Oscar pre-show, and most significantly to continue a wonderfully gratifying relationship with the Academy."
The show's telecast producers, Craig Zadan and Neil Meron, made the announcement Thursday, and they couldn't be happier.
"For a very long time, we had always hoped to work with Don Mischer," said Zadan and Meron. "His talent and reputation are unsurpassed and we're so happy he will be our collaborator on the 85th Academy Awards."
In past years, Mischer was producer and director of the 83rd and 84th Academy Awards and received Emmy nods for both shows. Last year's Oscars received eight Emmy nominations, the most for any TV special. He has also produced the Oscars red carpet pre-show and the Governors Awards.
Mischer's other show business credits include several Super Bowl halftime shows and the opening ceremonies of both Winter and Summer Olympic Games. He has also produced television specials with musical performers such as Bruce Springsteen, Beyoncé, Bono, Barbra Streisand and Justin Timberlake. Mischer has earned are 15 Emmy Awards, 10 Directors Guild of America Awards, two NAACP Image Awards, a Peabody Award, and the Producers Guild's 2012 Norman Lear Achievement Award in Television.
ABC7 will be live at the 2013 Academy Awards on Sunday, February 24, 2013 at the Dolby Theatre at the Hollywood & Highland Center.
academy awards, entertainment
- Body found in canyon ID'd as Maribel Ramos
- Castaic-area brush fire nears containment
- CA task force aims to control gun ownership
- Greuel, Garcetti vie for last-minute votes
- Couple arrested in LA pot grow operation
- OC church burglary suspect in custody
- Yosemite park's tourist amenities at stake
- Frazier Park fire: Crews gain upper hand
- Ricin letter case: FBI searches WA apartment
- Virginia parade crash injures up to 60 people 24 min ago
- SKorea: NKorea fires 3 short-range missiles
- Connecticut commuter train crash: 70 injured
- abcnews: Flesh-eating bacteria survivor's bionic hands
- OTRC: Jennifer Lopez debuts 'Live It Up' video