'Good Morning America' reveals celeb fill-ins for Robin Roberts
NEW YORK (KABC) -- In the coming weeks, "Good Morning America" will feature some celebrity guest co-hosts while show favorite Robin Roberts is away.
Included in the list of upcoming hosts are cast members of "Modern Family." One new actor from the show will be featured every day for a week.
"GMA" senior executive producer Tom Cibrowski revealed other slated guests, including Stephen Colbert, Oprah Winfrey, actor Rob Lowe, Barbara Walters, Katie Couric and Diane Sawyer. The newswomen are expected appear on the show sometime next month.
Jessica Simpson was featured as the show's first celeb fill-in on the Sept. 11 episode.
Roberts took an indefinite leave Aug. 30 after she was diagnosed with MDS, a blood and bone marrow disease. She is scheduled to receive a bone marrow transplant from her sister, Sally-Ann Roberts, later this week. Roberts has already undergone chemotherapy treatments.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
abc, good morning america, entertainment
- Whittier standoff with hostage ends peacefully 39 min ago
- S. Korean ferry's slow evacuation probed 55 min ago
- Investigators reenact fatal NorCal bus crash
- Prop 8 lawyer's views on gay marriage changing
- Sriracha owner considers moving plant to TX?
- 1 dead, 9 injured in Fontana accident on 10W
- Tenants receive relocation money from landlord
- Mount Everest avalanche: 6 killed, 9 missing
- abcnews: Victim's mom halts killer's execution
- Chelsea Clinton pregnant with 1st child
- Kittens accidentally shipped from LA to SD
- Key dates announced for 87th Oscars in 2015
- Bryan Singer's accuser talks alleged abuse
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)