'Good Morning America' reveals celeb fill-ins for Robin Roberts
NEW YORK (KABC) -- In the coming weeks, "Good Morning America" will feature some celebrity guest co-hosts while show favorite Robin Roberts is away.
Included in the list of upcoming hosts are cast members of "Modern Family." One new actor from the show will be featured every day for a week.
"GMA" senior executive producer Tom Cibrowski revealed other slated guests, including Stephen Colbert, Oprah Winfrey, actor Rob Lowe, Barbara Walters, Katie Couric and Diane Sawyer. The newswomen are expected appear on the show sometime next month.
Jessica Simpson was featured as the show's first celeb fill-in on the Sept. 11 episode.
Roberts took an indefinite leave Aug. 30 after she was diagnosed with MDS, a blood and bone marrow disease. She is scheduled to receive a bone marrow transplant from her sister, Sally-Ann Roberts, later this week. Roberts has already undergone chemotherapy treatments.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
abc, good morning america, entertainment
- Indecent exposure suspect sought in Irvine
- NYC apartment explosion, collapse kills 2 37 min ago
- Gusty winds elevate fire dangers in SoCal
- Missing flight's last words were routine
- Man hugged, then grabbed butt of CSUN woman 5 min ago
- Torrance attempted burglary suspect sought 6 min ago
- Tanker crash shuts I-5 North lanes in Castaic
- Wild Colorado chase ends after 3 carjackings
- Arizona Gov. Jan Brewer won't seek third term
- abcnews: Target thigh gap photo flap sparks outrage
- 2-year-old found with heroin in New Jersey 11 min ago
- Fitbit Force recalled over allergic reactions
- Chris Pine arrested for DUI in New Zealand
- OTRC: 'The Big Bang Theory' renewed for 3 seasons