Oscars 2013: Academy announces changes to dates, voting
BEVERLY HILLS, Calif. (KABC) -- The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences on Tuesday announced some key dates of the 85th Academy Award season, along with some new changes.
Voting for nominations begins Dec. 17 and will end Jan. 3. For the first time, electronic voting will be an option for Academy members. The electronic voting process took over a year to develop.
Nominees will be announced Jan. 10, five days earlier than originally planned. This comes in an effort to provide the Academy and the public a longer period of time to see the nominated films. Final voting begins Feb. 8 and ends Feb. 19.
At least on element will remain the same during the upcoming Oscars season. Last week, the Academy announced that Don Mischer was named as the director of the 2013 Oscars for the third year in a row.
ABC7 will be live at the 2013 Academy Awards on Sunday, February 24, 2013 at the Dolby Theatre at the Hollywood & Highland Center.
academy awards, entertainment
- Spaccia convicted in Bell corruption trial 18 min ago
- 18 indicted in LA Sheriff's Dept abuse probe 48 min ago
- Southland seeing cold temps, windy conditions 17 min ago
- Houseguest arrested after 80-year-old's death
- Glendale man gets 5 yrs in 'sextortion' case 48 min ago
- 'Button-down' Bandit' strikes Corona bank
- Man arrested for Ventura transient's murder
- Ex-SD Mayor Filner sentenced for harassment 22 min ago
- Storm snarls travel; power outages persist
- abcnews: Gun makers thriving year after Newtown
- North Korea purges Kim Jong Un's uncle
- 'Sound of Music' actress Eleanor Parker dies
- Jenni Rivera plane crash: New details emerge
- OTRC: Meredith Baxter weds partner Nancy Locke