Oscars 2013: Academy announces changes to dates, voting
BEVERLY HILLS, Calif. (KABC) -- The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences on Tuesday announced some key dates of the 85th Academy Award season, along with some new changes.
Voting for nominations begins Dec. 17 and will end Jan. 3. For the first time, electronic voting will be an option for Academy members. The electronic voting process took over a year to develop.
Nominees will be announced Jan. 10, five days earlier than originally planned. This comes in an effort to provide the Academy and the public a longer period of time to see the nominated films. Final voting begins Feb. 8 and ends Feb. 19.
At least on element will remain the same during the upcoming Oscars season. Last week, the Academy announced that Don Mischer was named as the director of the 2013 Oscars for the third year in a row.
ABC7 will be live at the 2013 Academy Awards on Sunday, February 24, 2013 at the Dolby Theatre at the Hollywood & Highland Center.
academy awards, entertainment
- Delivery man fatally shot in South Los Angeles
- Westlake High coach accused of sex with teen
- Yucaipa High teacher accused of sex with teen
- 2 boys molested at different South Bay parks
- Woman assaulted near Pizza Hut in Lancaster
- 15-yr-old arrested after assaulting IE senior
- Del Taco customers charged thousands for meal
- Man's body found in vehicle in San Bernardino
- Earthquake strikes off Papua New Guinea
- abcnews: Eclectic early summer festivals
- SKorean sunken ferry captain, 2 crew arrested
- 13th body pulled following Everest avalanche
- Rooney to be buried at Hollywood Forever
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour
- Telescope detects Earth-like planet
4 min ago