Oscars 2013: Academy announces changes to dates, voting
BEVERLY HILLS, Calif. (KABC) -- The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences on Tuesday announced some key dates of the 85th Academy Award season, along with some new changes.
Voting for nominations begins Dec. 17 and will end Jan. 3. For the first time, electronic voting will be an option for Academy members. The electronic voting process took over a year to develop.
Nominees will be announced Jan. 10, five days earlier than originally planned. This comes in an effort to provide the Academy and the public a longer period of time to see the nominated films. Final voting begins Feb. 8 and ends Feb. 19.
At least on element will remain the same during the upcoming Oscars season. Last week, the Academy announced that Don Mischer was named as the director of the 2013 Oscars for the third year in a row.
ABC7 will be live at the 2013 Academy Awards on Sunday, February 24, 2013 at the Dolby Theatre at the Hollywood & Highland Center.
academy awards, entertainment
- Malaysia Airlines missing jet: Oil slicks found
- LAPD officer recovering after fatal BH crash 40 min ago
- Teen survives 5 Fwy crash, killed by traffic
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies
- Cat rescued from 91 Fwy divider in Riverside 31 min ago
- Temecula man arrested in drug sales bust
- Westminster deadly car crash: Driver sought
- Obama to preserve California federal lands 27 min ago
- abcnews: Woman has 'out of body' experience at will
- Bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea
- New Toyota Highlander carries on legacy
- L.A. man wanted in attempted Banksy theft
- OTRC: Khloe Kardashian topless in first Vine video