Obamas to make 1st joint appearance on 'The View' Tuesday
NEW YORK (KABC) -- President Barack Obama and first lady Michelle Obama will make their first joint appearance on ABC's daytime show "The View" next week.
The first couple will sit down with "The View" hosts Barbara Walters, Whoopi Goldberg, Joy Behar, Elisabeth Hasselbeck and Sherri Shepherd as part of the show's continuing "Red, White & View" campaign, which has included political guests and discussions on current election news.
The interview, scheduled to be taped Monday and air Tuesday, will touch on such topics as their relationship, family life inside the White House and the election.
"We are honored to host President Obama and first lady Michelle Obama on "The View," said Walters in a statement. "Although each of them has appeared several times on the program, this first joint appearance marks a significant milestone."
The Obamas have each appeared individually on "The View" -- this will mark the president's fifth appearance and the first lady's fourth. Mr. Obama's appearance in July 2010, marking the first time a sitting U.S. president visited a daytime talk show, was the show's most-watched episode ever, totaling 6.59 million viewers.
Republican challenger Mitt Romney has not yet appeared on the show. He told donors privately in remarks made public this week that going on "The View" is risky because only one host is conservative, and the other four are "sharp-tongued."
Hasselbeck, the conservative host Romney mentioned, said she has asked Romney to come on the show. According to his campaign, an October appearance is likely to be scheduled.
first lady michelle obama, president barack obama, mitt romney, new york, entertainment
- Monterey Park fire engine crash injures peds 5 min ago
- Rizzo gets 12 years in prison for corruption
- Jury deadlocks in OC distracted driving case
- 290 missing, 6 dead in S. Korea ferry disaster
- 3 'pimps' busted for Compton prostitution ring
- Victim found on 605 Freeway dies of injuries
- Lake Elsinore man arrested for assault
- Possible 5th victim sought in serial murders
- Boston Marathon hoax: Suspect is bipolar
- abcnews: Missing girls case solved 40 years later 31 min ago
- Pro-Russian insurgents seize armored vehicles
- LA Register newspaper takes on digital age
- Jay-Z's Made in America festival announced
- OTRC: AC/DC: Malcolm Young taking break