'The Bachelor' 2013: Sean Lowe chosen for season 17
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Fan favorite Sean Lowe has been chosen as the star of "The Bachelor" season 17, which begins in January.
Lowe was a contestant on the eighth season of "The Bachelorette," featuring Emily Maynard. Maynard eliminated Lowe before the season finale, which shocked Lowe and viewers. Lowe had confessed his love for Maynard shortly before his elimination, and Maynard had referred to Lowe as "the perfect man" all season long.
Lowe, 28, is a successful Dallas businessman and entrepreneur. He started off in the insurance industry before starting up his own upscale custom furniture business. He says he wants his first marriage to be his only marriage.
For a sneak preview of the women Lowe will romance on "The Bachelor," visit ABC.com.
abc, television, entertainment
- Suspect arrested in South LA teen kidnap, rape 41 min ago
- Claremont sexual predator ID'd, arrested
- 7.2-magnitude earthquake strikes Mexico 33 min ago
- E-cigarette ban in public to go into effect
- SaMo teacher reinstated after subduing student
- Oakland woman collapses at Coachella, dies
- Crates of mail found abandoned in Hollywood
- 4 sought in Highland home-invasion robbery
- Good Friday: Pope remembers those who suffer 54 min ago
- South Korea ferry captain arrested - Yonhap
- Mount Everest avalanche kills at least 12
- abcnews: Workers caught filing false injury claims
- Sub scours ocean for missing Malaysian jet
- OTRC: 'Scandal' recap - 5 highlights (Spoilers)
- Los Angeles Mission serves Good Friday meals
22 min ago