Lady Gaga posts revealing photos, opens up about eating disorders
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Lady Gaga is opening up about her battle with eating disorders by posting nearly nude photos of herself on her website.
The singer posted the candid, scantily clad pictures on LittleMonsters.com, Gaga's social media website. The caption read, "Bulimia and anorexia since I was 15." The photos were posted in a new section she calls "Body Revolution," where she asked her fans to post photos of themselves celebrating triumphs over insecurities.
The singer says she hopes the pictures will spark a debate among fans about self love. The 26-year-old posted the pictures in response to recent tabloid reports that she had packed on too many pounds. She has been unapologetic about the 25 pounds she told Z-100 radio host Elvis Duran she gained over the holidays.
"I'm dieting right now, because I gained, like, 25 pounds," she told Duran. "And you know I really don't feel bad about it, not even for a second. I have to be on such a strict diet constantly. It's hard because it's a quite vigorous show, so I tend to bulk up, get muscular, and I really don't like that. So I'm trying to find a new balance."
In the past, the singer has openly admitted to struggling with bulimia and anorexia.
This is not the first time the singer has used her stardom to empower fans. In February, she launched an anti-bullying initiative called the "Born This Way Foundation."
ABC News contributed to this report.
celebrity, health, entertainment
- Pope Francis named Time's Person of the Year 2 min ago
- Man arrested in 'revenge porn' website case
- LA supervisors criticize Baca amid jail probe
- UC Riverside employee diagnosed w/ meningitis
- FBI arrest several alleged MS-13 gang members
- $50K reward announced in murder of 7-year-old
- Bell moving forward after Spaccia conviction
- Auto thefts up in CA after realignment -study
- abcnews: Woman claws way out of locked bathroom 18 min ago
- Bipartisan negotiators reach modest budget deal
- Eastern snowstorm brings closures, delays
- US Navy sailor surprises family on ABC comedy
- Gabor Xmas party to go on amid spending fight
- OTRC: Kate Winslet, Ned RocknRoll welcome baby