Lil Wayne tops Elvis Presley's Billboard Hot 100 chart record
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The king has been overthrown - at least when it comes to being the male artist with the most entries on Billboard's Hot 100 chart.
The top spot now goes to Lil Wayne. The rapper has 109 songs on that chart with Thursday's debut of Game's song "Celebration," where he is a guest alongside Chris Brown, Tyga and Wiz Khalifa. Of the 109 songs, only 42 are led by Lil Wayne; 67 are songs where he is the featured act.
Elvis totaled 108 songs on the Hot 100 since it launched in 1958. The rock 'n roll icon's career kicked off before 1958 so several of his songs like "Heartbreak Hotel" could not be included in his total number.
The "Glee" cast has the most Hot 100 entries with 204.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
celebrity, music news, entertainment
- Body found in canyon ID'd as Maribel Ramos
- Brush fire scorches 575 acres in Castaic area
- Toddler, mom robbed by knife-wielding man
- Suspect killed inside Alhambra PD station
- 'Sexting' case at IE schools nets teen arrest 23 min ago
- Purse found in search for missing woman in IE
- Hacienda Heights soldier killed on 1st Iraq tour
- Greuel, Garcetti vie for last-minute votes
- CA task force aims to control gun ownership 45 min ago
- OJ Simpson knew buddies had guns - ex-lawyer
- Connecticut commuter train crash: 70 injured
- abcnews: Flesh-eating bacteria survivor's bionic hands
- Michael Jackson death trial attorneys clash
- OTRC: 'Star Trek Into Darkness' movie review
- Latest weather with Bri Winkler
2 min ago