Lil Wayne tops Elvis Presley's Billboard Hot 100 chart record
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The king has been overthrown - at least when it comes to being the male artist with the most entries on Billboard's Hot 100 chart.
The top spot now goes to Lil Wayne. The rapper has 109 songs on that chart with Thursday's debut of Game's song "Celebration," where he is a guest alongside Chris Brown, Tyga and Wiz Khalifa. Of the 109 songs, only 42 are led by Lil Wayne; 67 are songs where he is the featured act.
Elvis totaled 108 songs on the Hot 100 since it launched in 1958. The rock 'n roll icon's career kicked off before 1958 so several of his songs like "Heartbreak Hotel" could not be included in his total number.
The "Glee" cast has the most Hot 100 entries with 204.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
celebrity, music news, entertainment
- Mulholland Bridge over I-405 finally opens 44 min ago
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment 20 min ago
- Venice beating caught on cam; suspects sought
- Baca acknowledges deputy hiring issues
- Motorcycle officer injured in Mid-City crash
- Woman shot to death in Long Beach; no arrests
- Proposed power plant splits Palmdale, Lancaster
- Big Sur fire burns 769 acres; chance of rain
- Bipartisan budget deal nears final passage
- abcnews: Pope delivers Christmas message to serve poor
- India diplomat claims cavity search in NYC
- Ronnie Biggs, 'Great Train Robber,' dies at 84
- Video: 'American Hustle' takes you back to the '70s
- Photos: Brad Pitt over the years, 1991 to present
- Latest weather with Garth Kemp
42 min ago