Marion Cotillard stalking suspect pleads guilty
NEW YORK (KABC) -- A New York woman has pleaded guilty to stalking "The Dark Knight Rises" actress Marion Cotillard.
Teresa Yuan entered her plea Friday in Brooklyn federal court. Prosecutors allege Yuan sent 504 emails and 120 webcam videos of herself to a Cotillard fan website over a period of four days in 2011.
In some of the videos, which were shown in court, Yuan appears topless, hisses like a cat and talks about playing Russian roulette. Her lawyer admitted the videos could appear to be threatening.
According to the Daily News, the 32-year-old Queens resident told a judge that she is undergoing psychiatric treatment for bipolar disorder.
Yuan faces up to 16 months in prison, but her lawyer says prosecutors have indicated they wouldn't object to probation and psychological treatment.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- LA Times building threat: Man detained by LAPD
- 2 boys molested at different South Bay parks 33 min ago
- Aide to councilman linked to armed robbery
- FBI seeks '76 murder suspect, possibly in SoCal
- Suspect arrested in South LA teen kidnap, rape
- Claremont sexual predator ID'd, arrested
- Oakland woman collapses at Coachella, dies
- Earthquake strikes off Papua New Guinea 15 min ago
- 7.2-magnitude earthquake strikes Mexico
- SKorean sunken ferry captain, 2 crew arrested 3 min ago
- abcnews: Workers caught filing false injury claims
- Michaels data breach: 2.6M cards affected
- Katharine McPhee stars in romantic TV film
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour