Marion Cotillard stalking suspect pleads guilty
NEW YORK (KABC) -- A New York woman has pleaded guilty to stalking "The Dark Knight Rises" actress Marion Cotillard.
Teresa Yuan entered her plea Friday in Brooklyn federal court. Prosecutors allege Yuan sent 504 emails and 120 webcam videos of herself to a Cotillard fan website over a period of four days in 2011.
In some of the videos, which were shown in court, Yuan appears topless, hisses like a cat and talks about playing Russian roulette. Her lawyer admitted the videos could appear to be threatening.
According to the Daily News, the 32-year-old Queens resident told a judge that she is undergoing psychiatric treatment for bipolar disorder.
Yuan faces up to 16 months in prison, but her lawyer says prosecutors have indicated they wouldn't object to probation and psychological treatment.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Missing hiker rescued in Santa Clarita canyon
- Missing jetliner made it to Malacca Strait 30 min ago
- Lead found in soil at homes, school in Vernon
- Overturned big rig shuts lanes on 91 East 47 min ago
- Prosecutor: OC couple's murder not about money
- Remains of Hollywood Park racehorse exhumed
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- CIA improperly searched network, says senator 58 min ago
- Japan tsunami disasters: 3rd anniversary 31 min ago
- Men's Wearhouse buys Jos. A. Bank for $1.8M 8 min ago
- abcnews: Family calls 911, held hostage by pet cat
- Parents distracted by devices, study says
- Justin Bieber gets mad in deposition video
- OTRC: Elisabeth Moss: Armisen marriage 'traumatic'