Seth MacFarlane to host 85th Academy Awards
BEVERLY HILLS, Calif. (KABC) -- "Family Guy" creator Seth MacFarlane will host the 2013 Oscars, the Academy announced Monday.
"We are thrilled to have Seth MacFarlane host the Oscars," show producers Craig Zadan and Neil Meron said in a statement. "His performing skills blend perfectly with our ideas for making the show entertaining and fresh. He will be the consummate host, and we are so happy to be working with him."
It will be MacFarlane's first appearance on the Oscar stage.
"It's truly an overwhelming privilege to be asked to host the Oscars," MacFarlane said in a statement. "My thoughts upon hearing the news were, one, I will do my utmost to live up to the high standards set forth by my predecessors; and two, I hope they don't find out I hosted the Charlie Sheen Roast."
MacFarlane is also known as the co-creator of "American Dad!" and "The Cleveland Show." He also had box office success over the summer as director of "Ted."
The 2013 Oscar ceremony will air live on ABC7 on Sunday, Feb. 24, 2013.
academy awards, celebrity, entertainment
- James Gandolfini of 'Sopranos' dies at 51
- Tip led to ex-USC professor's Mexico arrest
- Hollywood panhandlers allegedly kill LA woman
- OC caregiver arrested for alleged sex assault
- East LA chase reaches speeds close to 120 mph
- Fugitive child-abuse couple seen in Maywood
- Wrong-way driver charged with DUI in 14 pile-up
- West Hills murder suspect pleads not guilty
- FBI busts international sports gambling ring
- Afghan leader suspends talks with Taliban, US
- abcnews: Marine returns from war as underwear model
- Piedmont beef's lower fat entices connoisseurs
- Michael Jackson chef describes confrontation
- OTRC: 'Anchorman 2' new trailer (Video)