Seth MacFarlane to host 85th Academy Awards
BEVERLY HILLS, Calif. (KABC) -- "Family Guy" creator Seth MacFarlane will host the 2013 Oscars, the Academy announced Monday.
"We are thrilled to have Seth MacFarlane host the Oscars," show producers Craig Zadan and Neil Meron said in a statement. "His performing skills blend perfectly with our ideas for making the show entertaining and fresh. He will be the consummate host, and we are so happy to be working with him."
It will be MacFarlane's first appearance on the Oscar stage.
"It's truly an overwhelming privilege to be asked to host the Oscars," MacFarlane said in a statement. "My thoughts upon hearing the news were, one, I will do my utmost to live up to the high standards set forth by my predecessors; and two, I hope they don't find out I hosted the Charlie Sheen Roast."
MacFarlane is also known as the co-creator of "American Dad!" and "The Cleveland Show." He also had box office success over the summer as director of "Ted."
The 2013 Oscar ceremony will air live on ABC7 on Sunday, Feb. 24, 2013.
academy awards, celebrity, entertainment
- LA earthquake: 4.4-mag. quake shakes SoCal 17 min ago
- IE teen gets 18 months in 'sextortion' plot 23 min ago
- Body found at Anaheim trash center identified
- Crimea declares independence; West hits back 54 min ago
- Burbank couple rescues child with mattress
- Video: Stranded man rescued from Castaic crash
- Man high on meth terrorizes Covina family
- Newport Beach Little League suspension lifted
- Some CA cities seek water independence
- Malaysian plane search expands further
- abcnews: Woman says Scientology tore apart her family
- SEALs take oil tanker from Libyan rebels
- Oprah to sell Harpo Studios for $32 million
- OTRC: 'The Walking Dead' recap: Season 4, ep 14