Seth MacFarlane to host 85th Academy Awards
BEVERLY HILLS, Calif. (KABC) -- "Family Guy" creator Seth MacFarlane will host the 2013 Oscars, the Academy announced Monday.
"We are thrilled to have Seth MacFarlane host the Oscars," show producers Craig Zadan and Neil Meron said in a statement. "His performing skills blend perfectly with our ideas for making the show entertaining and fresh. He will be the consummate host, and we are so happy to be working with him."
It will be MacFarlane's first appearance on the Oscar stage.
"It's truly an overwhelming privilege to be asked to host the Oscars," MacFarlane said in a statement. "My thoughts upon hearing the news were, one, I will do my utmost to live up to the high standards set forth by my predecessors; and two, I hope they don't find out I hosted the Charlie Sheen Roast."
MacFarlane is also known as the co-creator of "American Dad!" and "The Cleveland Show." He also had box office success over the summer as director of "Ted."
The 2013 Oscar ceremony will air live on ABC7 on Sunday, Feb. 24, 2013.
academy awards, celebrity, entertainment
- Target security breach: 40M possibly affected
- Rain, winds move into Southern California
- Students allegedly hack system, change grades
- Kelly Thomas trial: Defense rests its case
- 2 taken to hospital after school bus crash 27 min ago
- Body found in Corona; investigation underway 24 min ago
- Fire erupts at strip mall in Hawthorne
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment
- Mega Millions: Georgia winner comes forward
- Congress passes bipartisan budget agreement
- abcnews: Renewed Gacy probe reunites family
- Mexico resort shootout: 5 dead in Rocky Point
- 'Anchorman 2' is overhyped, but still funny
- OTRC: Phil Robertson suspended from 'Duck Dynasty'