Seth MacFarlane to host 85th Academy Awards
BEVERLY HILLS, Calif. (KABC) -- "Family Guy" creator Seth MacFarlane will host the 2013 Oscars, the Academy announced Monday.
"We are thrilled to have Seth MacFarlane host the Oscars," show producers Craig Zadan and Neil Meron said in a statement. "His performing skills blend perfectly with our ideas for making the show entertaining and fresh. He will be the consummate host, and we are so happy to be working with him."
It will be MacFarlane's first appearance on the Oscar stage.
"It's truly an overwhelming privilege to be asked to host the Oscars," MacFarlane said in a statement. "My thoughts upon hearing the news were, one, I will do my utmost to live up to the high standards set forth by my predecessors; and two, I hope they don't find out I hosted the Charlie Sheen Roast."
MacFarlane is also known as the co-creator of "American Dad!" and "The Cleveland Show." He also had box office success over the summer as director of "Ted."
The 2013 Oscar ceremony will air live on ABC7 on Sunday, Feb. 24, 2013.
academy awards, celebrity, entertainment
- Monterey Park fire engine crash injures 15 30 min ago
- Bell corruption: Rizzo gets 12 years in prison
- Arsonist sought in San Pedro Elks Lodge fire
- 287 missing, 9 dead in SKorea ferry disaster 3 min ago
- Google Glass robbers target Venice resident
- Victim found on 605 Freeway dies of injuries
- 'Luger Bandit' bank robbery suspect caught
- Distracted-driving trial: OC jury deadlocks
- Solvang ordnance scare prompts evacuations 58 min ago
- Boston Marathon hoax: Suspect is bipolar
- abcnews: Missing girls case solved 40 years later
- Jay-Z's Made in America festival announced
- 'X-Men' director accused of sexual assault 23 min ago
- OTRC: AC/DC: Malcolm Young taking break
- Vigils held for 2 NorCal bus crash victims
7 min ago