Adele performs theme for 'Skyfall,' newest James Bond movie
LONDON (KABC) -- Chart-topping British singer Adele confirmed Monday that she has co-written and performed the theme to the latest James Bond movie, "Skyfall."
The confirmation came in the form of a Twitpic she posted to Twitter, which shows a cover page for the song credited to Adele -- as A. Adkins -- and Paul Hepworth, who co-wrote her most popular tune, "Rolling in the Deep."
Rumors floated around for weeks that Adele was the voice behind the theme, but there had been no official word until now.
The song will be available on Adele's official site starting Friday, which is also the 50th anniversary of the release of "Dr. No," the first Bond movie. The track is available for pre-order at iTunes starting Monday.
"Skyfall" debuts in Britain Oct. 26 and in the U.S. Nov. 9. The film is Daniel Craig's third as James Bond. The film's other stars include Javier Bardem, Albert Finney, Ralph Fiennes and Naomie Harris.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
celebrity, movie news, music news, entertainment
- Search widens for missing Malaysian jet 54 min ago
- Montclair hit-run kills woman, injures teen 30 min ago
- Prosecutor: OC couple's murder not about money
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- Remains of Hollywood Park racehorse exhumed
- IE suspect found after escaping from police
- Amber Alert canceled; LB boy found safe
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home
- Sandy Hook gunman's father breaks silence
- abcnews: Convicted murderer of 7 awarded nearly $500K
- Colorado collects $2M in recreational pot taxes
- Parents distracted by devices, study says
- Justin Bieber gets mad in deposition video
- Photos: 'Bachelor' Juan Pablo kisses 5 contestants