Ann Romney to guest-host 'Good Morning America'
NEW YORK (KABC) -- Ann Romney will be guest-hosting "Good Morning America" next Wednesday, joining George Stephanopoulos at the anchor desk, ABC said.
The wife of Republican presidential hopeful Mitt Romney will be on hand at the morning news program for its 8 a.m. hour.
Mrs. Romney will be filling in for co-anchor Robin Roberts, who is on extended medical leave. Previous guest hosts include Stephen Colbert and Jessica Simpson.
ABC said it is in discussions with first lady Michelle Obama for a similar guest appearance.
Roberts underwent a bone marrow transplant to treat MDS, a blood and bone marrow disease, on Sept. 20. During the procedure, she was surrounded by sisters Sally-Ann and Dorothy, and other loved ones including "World News" anchor Diane Sawyer and "GMA" weather anchor, Sam Champion.
It is not yet known when Roberts will return to the morning show.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
mitt romney, abc, television, entertainment
- Man killed in South Los Angeles hit-and-run
- Flasher strikes UC Riverside, community college
- Trailer spills rocks on westbound 10 Freeway
- Victory for mom who sued TSA over breast milk
- Anaheim fire: House had pack rat conditions 49 min ago
- Man found dead outside fumigated OC house
- Child welfare system 'in crisis': Commission
- OC school band chosen to march in Rose Parade
- Reward offered in Long Beach pelican attack
- Object found in Australia likely not from jet
- abcnews: Navy officer reunited with wife, daughters
- South Korea ferry accident death toll now 135
- 4 Hollywood execs deny sexual abuse claims
- OTRC: Laura Prepon reacts to Tom Cruise rumors
- Alison Arngrim speaks about sex abuse
46 min ago