Ann Romney to guest-host 'Good Morning America'
NEW YORK (KABC) -- Ann Romney will be guest-hosting "Good Morning America" next Wednesday, joining George Stephanopoulos at the anchor desk, ABC said.
The wife of Republican presidential hopeful Mitt Romney will be on hand at the morning news program for its 8 a.m. hour.
Mrs. Romney will be filling in for co-anchor Robin Roberts, who is on extended medical leave. Previous guest hosts include Stephen Colbert and Jessica Simpson.
ABC said it is in discussions with first lady Michelle Obama for a similar guest appearance.
Roberts underwent a bone marrow transplant to treat MDS, a blood and bone marrow disease, on Sept. 20. During the procedure, she was surrounded by sisters Sally-Ann and Dorothy, and other loved ones including "World News" anchor Diane Sawyer and "GMA" weather anchor, Sam Champion.
It is not yet known when Roberts will return to the morning show.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
mitt romney, abc, television, entertainment
- Reseda shooting suspect ID'ed as Iraq war vet
- Shoppers flock to stores for last-minute gifts
- Driver shot, injured on 14 Fwy in Palmdale
- Astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Boy, 11, on scooter struck by tractor-trailer
- Tour bus crash in Corona: 91-yr-old man dies
- Big Sur wildfire is now fully contained
- BART, labor union leaders reach new deal
- NJ mall carjacking, shooting: 4 men arrested
- US holiday travelers brace for foul weather
- abcnews: Army's new weapon can shoot down drones
- US military aircraft hit in S. Sudan, 4 hurt
- Beyonce surprises fans at Mass. Wal-Mart
- OTRC: Chuck Norris spoofs Van Damme's 'Epic Split'