Ann Romney to guest-host 'Good Morning America'
NEW YORK (KABC) -- Ann Romney will be guest-hosting "Good Morning America" next Wednesday, joining George Stephanopoulos at the anchor desk, ABC said.
The wife of Republican presidential hopeful Mitt Romney will be on hand at the morning news program for its 8 a.m. hour.
Mrs. Romney will be filling in for co-anchor Robin Roberts, who is on extended medical leave. Previous guest hosts include Stephen Colbert and Jessica Simpson.
ABC said it is in discussions with first lady Michelle Obama for a similar guest appearance.
Roberts underwent a bone marrow transplant to treat MDS, a blood and bone marrow disease, on Sept. 20. During the procedure, she was surrounded by sisters Sally-Ann and Dorothy, and other loved ones including "World News" anchor Diane Sawyer and "GMA" weather anchor, Sam Champion.
It is not yet known when Roberts will return to the morning show.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
mitt romney, abc, television, entertainment
- Bell corruption trial: Jury reaches verdict 24 min ago
- 18 indicted in LA Sheriff's Dept abuse probe 13 min ago
- Southland seeing cold temps, windy conditions
- Houseguest arrested after 80-year-old's death 57 min ago
- 'Button-down' Bandit' strikes Corona bank
- Pomona gang member arrested for murder
- Man arrested for Ventura transient's murder
- Ex-SD Mayor Filner sentenced for harassment
- Storm snarls travel; power outages persist 1 min ago
- abcnews: Gun makers thriving year after Newtown 10 min ago
- North Korea purges Kim Jong Un's uncle
- 'Sound of Music' actress Eleanor Parker dies 15 min ago
- Jenni Rivera plane crash: New details emerge
- OTRC: Meredith Baxter weds partner Nancy Locke