'GMA' weathercaster Sam Champion engaged
NEW YORK (KABC) -- "Good Morning America" weather anchor Sam Champion is engaged to be married to his boyfriend Rubem Robierb.
Champion tweeted on Friday that he has "never been happier" to share a bit of personal news.
"We are thrilled and so excited and thank everyone for their good wishes," he said.
According to ABC, Champion and Robierb met through mutual friends in Miami. Robierb is a photographer who shows his work in Miami, Santa Monica, New York and Atlanta.
The two plan to wed later this year.
Champion joined ABC News in 2006. Before that, he spent 18 years at New York City television station WABC.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Man found tied up, burned on 605 Freeway
- Boston bombing anniversary disrupted by hoax
- South Korea ferry sinks; 2 dead, 14 injured
- Victim's mother faces murder suspects in court
- State audit: Cudahy must repay $22.7 million
- San Pedro Elks Lodge fire may be suspicious
- Murrieta suspect fixated on girls' socks
- Teen caught egging homeless woman in Lancaster
- LA Register newspaper takes on digital age
- First women move into Army combat jobs
- abcnews: Conjoined twins leave Dallas hospital
- Photos: Boston Marathon bombing - 1 year later
- 'Fast & Furious' enlists Paul Walker's brothers
- OTRC: Ice Cube clarifies Paul Walker comments