'GMA' weathercaster Sam Champion engaged
NEW YORK (KABC) -- "Good Morning America" weather anchor Sam Champion is engaged to be married to his boyfriend Rubem Robierb.
Champion tweeted on Friday that he has "never been happier" to share a bit of personal news.
"We are thrilled and so excited and thank everyone for their good wishes," he said.
According to ABC, Champion and Robierb met through mutual friends in Miami. Robierb is a photographer who shows his work in Miami, Santa Monica, New York and Atlanta.
The two plan to wed later this year.
Champion joined ABC News in 2006. Before that, he spent 18 years at New York City television station WABC.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Fallbrook bus crash: 1 dead, several injured 48 min ago
- Tour bus overturns on 15 Freeway in Corona 2 min ago
- London theater partial collapse; 75+ hurt
- Rain, winds moving across Southern California
- Moorpark High closed after threatening note
- School hacking: Tutor wanted for questioning
- Rodman in NKorea to prep for basketball game
- Kate Middleton phone messages read in court
- abcnews: Missing medical resident's car found
- Report finds bacteria on 97 percent of chicken 36 min ago
- Kobe Bryant injured again, will miss 6 weeks
- Katie Couric's talk show to end this summer
- Farrah Fawcett portrait belongs to O'Neal
- OTRC: Kristen Johnston diagnosed w/ Lupus Myelitis
- Jeremy Renner discusses future roles
51 min ago