'GMA' weathercaster Sam Champion engaged
NEW YORK (KABC) -- "Good Morning America" weather anchor Sam Champion is engaged to be married to his boyfriend Rubem Robierb.
Champion tweeted on Friday that he has "never been happier" to share a bit of personal news.
"We are thrilled and so excited and thank everyone for their good wishes," he said.
According to ABC, Champion and Robierb met through mutual friends in Miami. Robierb is a photographer who shows his work in Miami, Santa Monica, New York and Atlanta.
The two plan to wed later this year.
Champion joined ABC News in 2006. Before that, he spent 18 years at New York City television station WABC.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Compton teachers call in sick, want pay raise
- Bizarre East LA bank robbery trial begins 32 min ago
- Roommate arrested in Westmont homicide
- Missing jetliner made it to Malacca Strait 12 min ago
- Coach pleads no contest to molesting girls
- Missing hiker rescued in Santa Clarita canyon
- LAPD crash: Funeral services announced 34 min ago
- Portion of 405 South to close for 2 nights
- 5 measles cases in Orange County confirmed
- CVS allegedly lost track of 37K painkillers
- Colorado triple homicide: Friend arrested 56 min ago
- abcnews: Family calls 911, held hostage by pet cat
- Obama pushes health care on Funny or Die
- OTRC: Keith Richards releasing children's book