Judy Garland's 'Wizard of Oz' Dorothy dress up for auction
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- You can feel like you're on the yellow brick road, thanks to Judy Garland.
The infamous white puff-sleeve blouse and blue gingham pinafore dress Judy Garland paired with glittery red heels for her role as Dorothy in "The Wizard of Oz" is hitting the auction block next month.
Celebrity auctioneer Darren Julien expects the original dress to sell for as much as half a million dollars. Although several identical dresses were made for the production, the dress to be sold is the only version seen in the film and the only complete original dress to survive.
The dress is currently on view in London but will be exhibited at Julien's Auctions in Beverly Hills Nov. 5-9, prior to the Icons and Idols Hollywood auction on Nov. 9-10.
The auction also includes memorabilia from Steve McQueen, Elizabeth Taylor, Bruce Lee, Katherine Hepburn and Marilyn Monroe.
- Covina home-invasion robbery: girl, dad shot 2 min ago
- Nelson Mandela's legacy honored around world
- Help Garth stuff buses full of toys in Ontario
- New cold front to bring chance of rain, snow
- 'Valley Bandit' wanted for 8 bank robberies
- Family settles over Chino school gun accident
- Suspected heist reported, 12 tons of pot found
- Joseph Gatto's stolen jewelry pieces sought
- New Mexico cop fired after minivan shooting 9 min ago
- abcnews: Bill Clinton reveals insights from Mandela
- McDonald's accidentally gives cash to couple
- Bob Dylan's guitar sells for nearly $1M
- Billy Joel to perform at the Hollywood Bowl
- OTRC: 'Scandal' season 3 will have 18 episodes
- ABC7 Eyewitness News Live Video
41 min ago