Judy Garland's 'Wizard of Oz' Dorothy dress up for auction
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- You can feel like you're on the yellow brick road, thanks to Judy Garland.
The infamous white puff-sleeve blouse and blue gingham pinafore dress Judy Garland paired with glittery red heels for her role as Dorothy in "The Wizard of Oz" is hitting the auction block next month.
Celebrity auctioneer Darren Julien expects the original dress to sell for as much as half a million dollars. Although several identical dresses were made for the production, the dress to be sold is the only version seen in the film and the only complete original dress to survive.
The dress is currently on view in London but will be exhibited at Julien's Auctions in Beverly Hills Nov. 5-9, prior to the Icons and Idols Hollywood auction on Nov. 9-10.
The auction also includes memorabilia from Steve McQueen, Elizabeth Taylor, Bruce Lee, Katherine Hepburn and Marilyn Monroe.
- Pedestrians fatally struck in Norwalk ID'd 55 min ago
- Compton shootings leave 2 dead within hours
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- Malaysia missing jet: Door possibly found
- 2 LAPD officers injured in West L.A. crash
- 3 attacked by bees in La Canada Flintridge 26 min ago
- Yucaipa woman arrested in husband's murder 58 min ago
- Dana Point shooting suspect sought by deputies 24 min ago
- State oversight may tame California pot shops 14 min ago
- Car bomb attack kills at least 42 in Iraq
- abcnews: Ex-FBI agent in captivity for 7 years
- Ukraine won't budge '1 centimeter' from land
- '300' sequel rules box office w/ $45.1M debut
- Photos: 'Revenge's Emily VanCamp: 15 Sexiest Looks