Debbie Reynolds hospitalized, cancels shows
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Debbie Reynolds has been hospitalized after having an adverse reaction to medication, her representative said Wednesday.
Reynolds checked into Cedars Sinai in Los Angeles. Her representative Kevin Sasaki said the 80-year-old entertainer has been forced to cancel appearances and concert engagements for the next three months, all in accordance to doctor's orders.
The "Singin' in the Rain" and "Will & Grace" star is scheduled to appear in the Tournament of Roses Parade on New Year's Day. She is slated to join the "Follow the Stars, Adopt a Pet" float, which is sponsored by the Pet Care Foundation in Beverly Hills.
Reynolds recently auctioned off a majority of her Hollywood Motion Picture memorabilia and costume collection, which she had been collecting for the last 40 years.
celebrity, health, entertainment
- Metro Red, Purple lines to require TAP card
- West Hills murder suspect to appear in court 20 min ago
- Journalist Michael Hastings dies in LA crash
- Ex-LA deputy alleges corruption in department
- Woman sought in Santa Ana Chase Bank robbery 10 min ago
- Winkler removed from Saugus school board
- Ex-USC professor on FBI wanted list arrested
- Obama renews calls for nuclear reductions
- abcnews: TWA 800 crash not accident - investigators
- Men's Wearhouse ousts founder George Zimmer
- Natura recalls pet food after salmonella test 53 min ago
- Paris, Prince Jackson refute chef's testimony 26 min ago
- Country singer Slim Whitman dies at age 90
- OTRC: Johnny Depp talks split with Vanessa Paradis