Conrad Murray is too big for jail cell - lawyers
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Dr. Conrad Murray is apparently too big for his jail cell and wants out. His lawyers sent a letter to Sheriff Lee Baca concerned about his health.
Lawyers say Murray is 6-foot-5 and confined to a 5-foot by 7-foot cell. They claim that has caused health problems, and he even had to be taken to the hospital.
"He can't extend feet, he can't stretch his arms, and there's no wonder that it's given rise to the problems that he has right now. County jail was not meant for long-term confinement," said Murray's attorney Michael Flanagan.
Murray's lawyers are worried his confinement could cause permanent injury or death. They are calling Baca to release him with either home confinement, GPS monitoring or work release.
The sheriff's department has not commented on the matter.
celebrity, legal, entertainment
- 4 stabbed at Fullerton bar; suspects sought
- IE pastor accused of paying boys for sex acts
- Malaysia asks countries for data to find jet
- 4 kids abducted by parents in Boyle Heights
- Santa Ana crash leaves man critically injured 53 min ago
- Norwalk homicide investigation underway
- DUI driver hits sign, car and pedestrian
- Burbank man arrested in stabbing attack
- Thermal brush fire contained at 350 acres
- abcnews: US travel advice from other countries
- Crimeans overwhelmingly vote for secession 15 min ago
- 16 killed in stampedes for jobs in Nigeria
- Fetching 'Peabody & Sherman' top box office 37 min ago
- Photos: Billboard's 25 highest-paid musicians