Paula Abdul to help score 'Dancing With The Stars: All-Stars'
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Carrie Ann Inaba, Len Goodman and Bruno Tonioli will be sitting a little closer together Monday night on "Dancing With The Stars" to make room for guest judge Paula Abdul.
The former "American Idol" judge will help score the remaining nine all-star teams. She says she's been eyeing the show for years.
"I was next door on 'Idol,' and during commercial breaks, I would sneak over on the set to check out what's going on, and then I'd run back to my seat," she said. "I feel like this is another home for me."
As a choreographer, Abdul says she's enjoyed watching so many other people experience dance in life-changing ways. That's one reason she's excited to be a part of a show. But will it really be for just one night only, or is opportunity knocking?
"I'm in that phase where anything I do, it's like, 'This is a good trial,'" she said. "This is just me coming on (and) enjoying as a guest spot, and I'm going to make the best out of it because I get to do and watch what I love to do ... I have the best seat in the house."
The All Stars are happy to have her come aboard.
"I love Paula, I don't care what anybody says," said Tony Dovolani.
Sabrina Bryan was ecstatic, saying she has looked up to Abdul since she was a little girl.
"I want to perform for Paula Abdul," she said. "She is an awesome performer, and for her to critique me is like a dream come true."
There is one thing Abdul will have to get used as she watches the dances. On this show, scores come with the comments.
"That's a different thing, and yeah, Paula has to get used to the paddle," she said.
The dancing begins at 8 p.m. on ABC7.
celebrity, abc, dancing with the stars, entertainment, george pennacchio
- Car rally held in honor of actor Paul Walker
- Body of woman found on 5 Freeway in Santa Ana 21 min ago
- Nelson Mandela remembered at South LA church
- Southland seeing cold temps, windy conditions
- Cyclist killed in crash w/ sheriff patrol car 40 min ago
- Small plane lands on 241 toll road in OC 2 min ago
- Man found dead inside Palmdale apartment
- IE shooting leaves 18-year-old man dead 48 min ago
- abcnews: Couple accused of Craigslist murder
- Storm along East Coast dumps snow, snarls traffic
- Ukraine sees largest anti-govt protest since 2004
- Kobe returns, but Raptors beat Lakers 106-94
- 'Frozen' tops box office in its 2nd week
- OTRC: Susan Boyle's Asperger's Syndrome diagnosis