'Bachelorette' Emily Maynard, Jef Holm break up
NEW YORK (KABC) -- Emily Maynard has ended her engagement to Jef Holm, who she met on her second attempt to find love on national television.
After weeks of rumors, the two confirmed their split to People.com on Tuesday. Maynard described the breakup as "a very difficult and heartbreaking decision."
The single mom met Holm on this summer's "Bachelorette." After the two got engaged, they appeared on "Good Morning America" and said their relationship was different than other reality TV matchups because they were best friends.
In a statement about their split to "GMA," Holm said that he never loved anyone as much as Maynard in his whole life.
"Everyone wants a salacious story, but the truth is we are two people who fell in love and tried our hardest to make it work," he said.
This is Maynard's second broken relationship born out of reality TV. She competed on the 15th season of "The Bachelor," where she accepted Brad Womack's proposal in the season finale. They, too, broke up a few months later.
Earlier this month, former "Bachelor" Ben Flajnik and his fiancee, model Courtney Robertson, also called it quits.
On the other hand, two "Bachelor"-related couples are celebrating some good news. Ashley Hebert and J.P. Rosenbaum's televised wedding special will air on ABC in December, while Jason and Molly Mesnick are expecting their first child together.
The Associated Press and ABC News contributed to this report.
- Flasher strikes UC Riverside, community college 29 min ago
- Man killed in South Los Angeles hit-and-run
- Trailer spills rocks on westbound 10 Freeway
- Claremont sexual predator charged with felonies 4 min ago
- Two men arrested in Simi Valley car thefts 54 min ago
- Anaheim fire: House had pack rat conditions
- Man found dead outside fumigated OC house
- Victory for mom who sued TSA over breast milk
- Murder suspect worried tattoo might hurt case
- Object found in Australia likely not from jet
- abcnews: Navy officer reunited with wife, daughters
- South Korea ferry accident death toll now 135
- 4 Hollywood execs deny sexual abuse claims
- OTRC: Laura Prepon reacts to Tom Cruise rumors