'Bachelorette' Emily Maynard, Jef Holm break up
NEW YORK (KABC) -- Emily Maynard has ended her engagement to Jef Holm, who she met on her second attempt to find love on national television.
After weeks of rumors, the two confirmed their split to People.com on Tuesday. Maynard described the breakup as "a very difficult and heartbreaking decision."
The single mom met Holm on this summer's "Bachelorette." After the two got engaged, they appeared on "Good Morning America" and said their relationship was different than other reality TV matchups because they were best friends.
In a statement about their split to "GMA," Holm said that he never loved anyone as much as Maynard in his whole life.
"Everyone wants a salacious story, but the truth is we are two people who fell in love and tried our hardest to make it work," he said.
This is Maynard's second broken relationship born out of reality TV. She competed on the 15th season of "The Bachelor," where she accepted Brad Womack's proposal in the season finale. They, too, broke up a few months later.
Earlier this month, former "Bachelor" Ben Flajnik and his fiancee, model Courtney Robertson, also called it quits.
On the other hand, two "Bachelor"-related couples are celebrating some good news. Ashley Hebert and J.P. Rosenbaum's televised wedding special will air on ABC in December, while Jason and Molly Mesnick are expecting their first child together.
The Associated Press and ABC News contributed to this report.
- James Gandolfini of 'Sopranos' dies at 51
- Hollywood panhandlers allegedly kill LA woman
- OC caregiver arrested for alleged sex assault
- Tip led to ex-USC professor's Mexico arrest
- Fugitive child-abuse couple seen in Maywood
- Wrong-way driver charged with DUI in 14 pile-up
- West Hills murder suspect pleads not guilty
- Man stabbed during carjacking in Oxnard
- FBI busts international sports gambling ring 26 min ago
- Afghan leader suspends talks with Taliban, US
- abcnews: Marine returns from war as underwear model
- Piedmont beef's lower fat entices connoisseurs
- Michael Jackson chef describes confrontation
- OTRC: 'Anchorman 2' new trailer (Video)