Disney launches 'Limited Time Magic' for 2013
NEW YORK (KABC) -- Disney launched its "Limited Time Magic" program, which will feature weekly surprise themes and events at Disneyland in Anaheim and Disney World in Lake Buena Vista, Fla.
The program will include impromptu concerts, dance parties, colored lighting, character meet-and-greets, new menu and merchandise items and other events.
Disney erected a 25-foot-tall castle made of ice in New York's Times Square on Wednesday to symbolize the fleeting nature of the weekly surprises.
Disney said social networking will play a big part in letting park visitors know the latest "Limited Time Magic" news. Guests might also be asked to vote on which characters they'd like to see or be sent on scavenger hunts to figure out what's new or different.
Each "Limited Time Magic" event will last a week. Themes will include celebrations for Fourth of July, Valentine's Day and others like "Pirate Week" and "Long Lost Friends Week," which will feature lesser-known Disney characters.
Disney is the parent company of ABC7.
disney theme park, entertainment
- 405 South crash: 11 hurt in 8-vehicle pileup 47 min ago
- Paul Walker autopsy results released
- Newtown dispatcher told callers to take cover
- Cold front moves across Southern California 1 min ago
- Baldwin Village fire likely sparked by candle
- Mom sought for abducting 3 kids in Palmdale
- Boy, 7, dies following Mid-City shooting
- Simi Valley neighbors found dead in front yards
- NY train engineer in 'daze' just before crash
- abcnews: 2 skydivers killed in AZ midair collision
- Mexican truck with radioactive load stolen 47 min ago
- USC football coach Sarkisian takes helm
- 'Curb Appeal' co-host killed in SF crash 15 min ago
- OTRC: Gal Gadot cast as Wonder Woman in new film 22 min ago