Disney launches 'Limited Time Magic' for 2013
NEW YORK (KABC) -- Disney launched its "Limited Time Magic" program, which will feature weekly surprise themes and events at Disneyland in Anaheim and Disney World in Lake Buena Vista, Fla.
The program will include impromptu concerts, dance parties, colored lighting, character meet-and-greets, new menu and merchandise items and other events.
Disney erected a 25-foot-tall castle made of ice in New York's Times Square on Wednesday to symbolize the fleeting nature of the weekly surprises.
Disney said social networking will play a big part in letting park visitors know the latest "Limited Time Magic" news. Guests might also be asked to vote on which characters they'd like to see or be sent on scavenger hunts to figure out what's new or different.
Each "Limited Time Magic" event will last a week. Themes will include celebrations for Fourth of July, Valentine's Day and others like "Pirate Week" and "Long Lost Friends Week," which will feature lesser-known Disney characters.
Disney is the parent company of ABC7.
disney theme park, entertainment
- Compton teachers call in sick, want pay raise
- Bizarre East LA bank robbery trial begins
- Roommate arrested in Westmont homicide
- Missing jetliner made it to Malacca Strait 50 min ago
- Lead found in soil at homes, school in Vernon
- Coach pleads no contest to molesting girls
- LAPD crash: Funeral services announced
- Portion of 405 South to close for 2 nights
- 5 measles cases in Orange County confirmed
- CVS allegedly lost track of 37K painkillers
- Colorado triple homicide: Friend arrested
- abcnews: Family calls 911, held hostage by pet cat
- Obama pushes health care on Funny or Die
- OTRC: Keith Richards releasing children's book
- Lose weight playing video games, study says
34 min ago