Lindsay Lohan won't face charges in New York
NEW YORK (KABC) -- Lindsay Lohan will not face charges after being accused of clipping a man with her car outside a New York nightclub.
The actress had been due to make her first court appearance in the case on Tuesday, but the Manhattan district attorney's office said Monday that there is now no court date scheduled at any point. Prosecutors would not elaborate.
The incident was caught on surveillance video on Sept. 21. The video apparently shows Lohan's Porsche hitting restaurant worker Jose Rodriguez, who passed in front of the car near the Dream Hotel, but it's not clear what exactly happens in the grainy footage. Rodriguez stayed on his feet and walked away as the car continued. Rodriguez said he went to the hospital with a knee injury.
Lohan was arrested for leaving the scene of an accident. Police said no alcohol was involved.
It was just the latest in a string of troubles the 26-year-old encountered recently.
She has been on informal probation for taking a necklace last year without permission from a Venice jewelry store. The Los Angeles city attorney's office said Monday the Manhattan car episode wouldn't affect Lohan's probation.About a week after the episode near the Dream Hotel, Lohan told authorities a man grabbed her in a New York hotel room in an argument over cellphone photos. The man was initially arrested, but the arrest was voided hours later when the charge could not be substantiated, law enforcement officials said.
In May, she was cleared of allegations that she hit a Hollywood nightclub manager with her car. The next month, she and her assistant were in a California crash that sent both to a hospital; neither was seriously hurt.
Lohan's latest project, "Liz & Dick," is set to premiere on Lifetime on Nov. 25. The film chronicles the roller coaster romance of Elizabeth Taylor and Richard Burton.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- LA Marathon: Ethiopian runners sweep race
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- Teen survives 5 Fwy crash, killed by traffic
- Malaysia missing jet: Door possibly found
- Los Angeles Marathon 2014 street closures
- LAPD officer recovering after fatal BH crash
- Bees attack 71-year-old woman in Palm Desert
- IE WWII Medal of Honor recipient laid to rest
- L.A. man wanted in attempted Banksy theft
- abcnews: Ex-FBI agent in captivity for 7 years
- Ukraine won't budge '1 centimeter' from land
- William Clay Ford, Lions owner, dies
- Sheila MacRae of 'The Honeymooners' dies
- OTRC: Khloe Kardashian topless in first Vine video