E.T. gets wax figure at Madame Tussauds Hollywood
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- It was 30 years ago that "E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial" came out in theaters. The anniversary celebration for the movie continues in Hollywood, where E.T is the latest wax figure to call Madame Tussauds Wax Museum home.
It cost around $80,000 to create the wax likeness of the alien who warmed our hearts in the 1982 blockbuster hit. The exhibit features the iconic scene from the film where a blanket-wrapped E.T. rides in the makeshift basket of a BMX bicycle.
It cost $300,000 to create the likeness of Steven Spielberg, who directed the movie. His wax figure has been in the museum for three years.
"It's the 30th anniversary of E.T., which I can't quite believe myself. It's one of those iconic movies from my childhood. There's a lot of people out there feeling the same way," said Colin Thomas, general manager of Madame Tussauds Hollywood.
A group of kids from Beth Hillel Day School in Valley Village got a kick out of seeing the wax figure. They took pictures with the alien star.
"It was something I grew up with and loved and watched about 50 times. I'm so excited to introduce it to my second graders," said teacher Sherri Winterble.
Just outside of the wax museum, the public loved seeing the alien wax figure.
"It's one of those characters you can't miss. It's timeless, it's classic. Everybody knows E.T.," said Salim Osman of Los Angeles.
movie news, entertainment, leo stallworth
- S. Korea ferry: Evacuation order delayed 31 min ago
- Monterey Park fire engine crash injures 15
- 'X-Men' director accused of sexual assault 42 min ago
- Arsonist sought in San Pedro Elks Lodge fire
- Police: 2 South LA fires may be connected 8 min ago
- LAX Terminal 7 partially evacuated over threat 41 min ago
- 1 dead, 9 injured in Fontana accident on 10W 35 min ago
- Operation Crossover targets liquor thieves
- 'Luger Bandit' bank robbery suspect caught
- Solvang ordnance scare prompts evacuations
- abcnews: Conjoined twins see sunlight for 1st time
- Oscar Pistorius trial: Forensic expert faulted
- Jay-Z's Made in America festival announced
- OTRC: Will Arnett files for divorce from Poehler