E.T. gets wax figure at Madame Tussauds Hollywood
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- It was 30 years ago that "E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial" came out in theaters. The anniversary celebration for the movie continues in Hollywood, where E.T is the latest wax figure to call Madame Tussauds Wax Museum home.
It cost around $80,000 to create the wax likeness of the alien who warmed our hearts in the 1982 blockbuster hit. The exhibit features the iconic scene from the film where a blanket-wrapped E.T. rides in the makeshift basket of a BMX bicycle.
It cost $300,000 to create the likeness of Steven Spielberg, who directed the movie. His wax figure has been in the museum for three years.
"It's the 30th anniversary of E.T., which I can't quite believe myself. It's one of those iconic movies from my childhood. There's a lot of people out there feeling the same way," said Colin Thomas, general manager of Madame Tussauds Hollywood.
A group of kids from Beth Hillel Day School in Valley Village got a kick out of seeing the wax figure. They took pictures with the alien star.
"It was something I grew up with and loved and watched about 50 times. I'm so excited to introduce it to my second graders," said teacher Sherri Winterble.
Just outside of the wax museum, the public loved seeing the alien wax figure.
"It's one of those characters you can't miss. It's timeless, it's classic. Everybody knows E.T.," said Salim Osman of Los Angeles.
movie news, entertainment, leo stallworth
- Malaysia Airlines missing jet: Oil slicks found 42 min ago
- LAPD officer killed in Beverly Hills crash
- 3.2-magnitude earthquake hits Marina del Rey
- Salon owner charged in murder-for-hire plot
- San Juan Capistrano murders: Son arrested
- Fatal South LA fire determined suspicious
- Oxnard residents burglarize home
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- abcnews: Meat contaminated w/ LSD sickens family
- Florida mom charged with attempted murder
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Former NFL player Sharper to stay in jail
- Oprah gives away Essence cover dress to fan
- OTRC: Ke$ha leaves rehab after 2 months