Carol Burnett to be honored by Hollywood High School
HOLLYWOOD, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Comedy icon Carol Burnett is getting a special award from her alma mater.
Hollywood High School's Performing Arts Center is naming an annual award after Burnett and she will be the first one to receive it.
The 79-year-old entertainer will accept the Carol Burnett Honor of Distinction Award at a ceremony on Jan. 10 at the El Capitan Theatre.
Burnett is from the class of 1951. Other famous alumni of the school include Judy Garland, Rudolph Valentino, Mickey Rooney and Cher.
celebrity, school, hollywood, entertainment
- Woman attacked at OC mall parking structure
- 3 Simi Valley schools face possible shutdown
- NKorea executes leader's uncle as a traitor
- 12 arrested, $2.5M in drugs seized in sting
- Ex-deputy convicted in fatal bar shooting
- Bell's Rizzo to plead guilty to tax evasion
- Kelly Thomas trial: Defense presents case
- House easily approves bipartisan budget bill
- abcnews: Ohio police chief slams Kanye West
- 4 stabbed in parking lot after Broncos game
- IKEA recalls lamp following death of child
- Giant lobster caught in Huntington Beach
- Redmond O'Neal testifies in Fawcett art case
- OTRC: Disney Channel film to feature Belle's son