Carol Burnett to be honored by Hollywood High School
HOLLYWOOD, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Comedy icon Carol Burnett is getting a special award from her alma mater.
Hollywood High School's Performing Arts Center is naming an annual award after Burnett and she will be the first one to receive it.
The 79-year-old entertainer will accept the Carol Burnett Honor of Distinction Award at a ceremony on Jan. 10 at the El Capitan Theatre.
Burnett is from the class of 1951. Other famous alumni of the school include Judy Garland, Rudolph Valentino, Mickey Rooney and Cher.
celebrity, school, hollywood, entertainment
- LA earthquake: 4.4-mag. quake shakes SoCal 18 min ago
- Ex-couple found guilty in East LA bank robbery
- IE teen gets 18 months in 'sextortion' plot
- Crimea declares independence; West hits back 50 min ago
- Body found at Anaheim trash center identified
- Burbank couple rescues child with mattress
- Lancaster man hit in deputy-involved shooting
- Actor Chris Pine pleads guilty to DUI 51 min ago
- Man high on meth terrorizes Covina family
- Malaysian plane search expands further
- abcnews: Woman says Scientology tore apart her family
- SEALs take oil tanker from Libyan rebels
- Stooges drummer Scott Asheton dies at 64
- OTRC: 'The Walking Dead' recap: Season 4, ep 14