Bobby Brown pleads not guilty to DUI in LA
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- R&B singer Bobby Brown has pleaded not guilty to drunken driving and driving with a suspended license at a Los Angeles court Friday.
An attorney entered a plea on Brown's behalf to the misdemeanor counts.
The 43-year-old was arrested Oct. 24 in Tarzana after authorities say he refused a sobriety test.
Brown, who is the ex-husband of the late Whitney Houston, faces a third charge in connection with the early morning DUI stop. Authorities say Brown did not have an ignition locking device on his car as required from a separate drunken driving case in the San Fernando Valley earlier this year.
In the March DUI case, the judge sentenced him to probation, a fine, and an alcohol treatment program which Brown entered in August.
This is Brown's third DUI charge. His first DUI arrest was in 1996 when he led police on a high-speed chase.
A pretrial hearing is scheduled on Dec. 13.
celebrity, dui, entertainment
- 3 attacked by bees in La Canada Flintridge
- Compton shootings leave 2 dead within hours
- Stage collapses at OC high school; 25 injured
- Malaysia missing jet: Door possibly found
- Pedestrians fatally struck in Norwalk ID'd 40 min ago
- 2 SoCal hikers die amid record-breaking heat
- 2 LAPD officers injured in West L.A. crash
- Dana Point shooting suspect sought by deputies
- State oversight may tame California pot shops
- Car bomb attack kills at least 42 in Iraq
- abcnews: Skydiver collides with plane in Fla.
- Ukraine won't budge '1 centimeter' from land
- '300' sequel rules box office w/ $45.1M debut
- Photos: 'Revenge's Emily VanCamp: 15 Sexiest Looks