Taylor Swift, Nicki Minaj, Linkin Park, Christina Aguilera to perform at American Music Awards
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Dick Clark Productions announced Wednesday three headlining acts to perform at this year's American Music Awards show. Taylor Swift, Nicki Minaj and Linkin Park will perform on the broadcast. Christina Aguilera was previously announced as a performer.
The 40th Anniversary American Music Awards will air live on Sunday, November 18, from 8 p.m. to 11 p.m. Pacific Time on ABC7.
The winners will be determined by online voting on amavote.com and ama.abc.com. Electronic Dance Music is a new category added to this year's categories that also include Pop/Rock, Country, Rap/Hip-Hop, Soul/R&B, Alternative, Adult Contemporary, Latin and Contemporary Inspirational.
The event will be broadcast from L.A.'s Nokia Theatre. A pre-show program will stream live online beginning at 2 p.m. PT on sites ABC.com, AMAs365.com, Cokemusic.com, Livestream, Ustream and YouTube.
Go to ama.abc.com for nominations and more information.
celebrity, music news, television, downtown, entertainment
- DUI driver slams car into LA home; girl dead 44 min ago
- North Hollywood hit-and-run driver sought 7 min ago
- Delivery man fatally shot in South Los Angeles
- Bus crash: Driver remembered as a 'hero'
- 2 boys molested at different South Bay parks
- Orange County carport collapses; no one hurt
- East Hollywood fire: Garage heavily damaged
- Free admission offered to all national parks
- Ohio couple married 70 yrs die 15 hours apart
- Drone in Yemen kills 9 al Qaeda members
- abcnews: Dashcams capture possible meteorite in Russia 9 min ago
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Mickey Rooney buried at Hollywood Forever
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour