Taylor Swift, Nicki Minaj, Linkin Park, Christina Aguilera to perform at American Music Awards
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Dick Clark Productions announced Wednesday three headlining acts to perform at this year's American Music Awards show. Taylor Swift, Nicki Minaj and Linkin Park will perform on the broadcast. Christina Aguilera was previously announced as a performer.
The 40th Anniversary American Music Awards will air live on Sunday, November 18, from 8 p.m. to 11 p.m. Pacific Time on ABC7.
The winners will be determined by online voting on amavote.com and ama.abc.com. Electronic Dance Music is a new category added to this year's categories that also include Pop/Rock, Country, Rap/Hip-Hop, Soul/R&B, Alternative, Adult Contemporary, Latin and Contemporary Inspirational.
The event will be broadcast from L.A.'s Nokia Theatre. A pre-show program will stream live online beginning at 2 p.m. PT on sites ABC.com, AMAs365.com, Cokemusic.com, Livestream, Ustream and YouTube.
Go to ama.abc.com for nominations and more information.
celebrity, music news, television, downtown, entertainment
- Man high on meth terrorizes Covina family
- 4 stabbed at Fullerton bar; suspects sought
- IE pastor accused of paying boys for sex acts
- Malaysia asks countries for data to find jet
- Santa Monica building fire leaves 5 people hurt
- Santa Ana crash leaves man critically injured
- Male remains found in Gorman - investigators
- Some CA cities seek water independence
- abcnews: Delta plane loses part of wing mid-air
- Crimeans overwhelmingly vote for secession
- Chile earthquake: Magnitude-6.7 hits north coast
- Oprah to sell Harpo Studios for $32 million
- Fetching 'Peabody & Sherman' top box office
- Photos: Billboard's 25 highest-paid musicians