Seattle man celebrates 26th birthday with Billy Idol
SEATTLE (KABC) -- It was the celebration of a lifetime for a Seattle man celebrating his 26th birthday.
After two years of charity effort and Internet lobbying, Michael Henrichson was finally granted his birthday wish.
The 26-year-old celebrated his birthday alongside rock legend Billy Idol and 2,000 of his closest friends.
The British rock icon performed at Henrichson's party as a token of his appreciation for Henrichson's campaign and efforts involved with the Northwest Harvest Food Bank and the American Red Cross.
According to the singer, Henrichson's efforts stood out because his campaign, which started in 2010, involved his own 80's cover band "Billy Idol Aid" charity concerts and raised thousands of dollars for the organizations.
- Missing plane sent satellite signals for hours 32 min ago
- LAPD Officer Lee honored at funeral service 5 min ago
- 2 dead after car plows through SXSW crowd
- NYC explosion kills 8; rescuers resume search 46 min ago
- Inmate escapes jail hours after sentencing
- Flasher sought for exposing self at Brea Mall
- Norwood pleads not guilty to weapons charge 37 min ago
- OC high-speed chase ends in police shooting
- Ex-Manson follower granted parole for 3rd time
- Man in Fla. theater shooting also was texting
- abcnews: Dog's powerful healing effects on wounded... 17 min ago
- Amazon hikes Prime membership to $99 per year
- Elderly couple's dog saved by rescue group
- OTRC: Tina Fey talks 'Mean Girls' reunion rumors 50 min ago
- Cool Kid fixes up batting cages for community
22 min ago