Green Day cancels remaining 2012 performances
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Pop-punk trio Green Day announced Monday they are cancelling the remainder of their scheduled club tour for 2012. The group also postponed scheduled all appearances in January and February 2013.
Money for tickets purchased for the 2012 club tour will be refunded. An announcement of new dates for the rescheduled 2013 shows were promised in the near future. Tickets for those shows will be honored on the new dates.
As a consolation, the group is now releasing its new album, Tre, on Dec. 11. Initially, the album wasn't due out until Jan. 15.
"We feel bad we have to delay our tour, so to make up for it we want to give our fans the music earlier than we had planned," said drummer Tre Cool in a statement. "If we couldn't be there to play it for you live, the least we could do was give you the next best thing."
All of this comes after the band's front man, Billie Joe Armstrong, had an on-stage meltdown at the iHeartRadio Music Festival in September.
"Obviously the timing for this isn't ideal, but Billie Joe's well-being is our main concern," said bassist Mike Dirnt. "We are happy to say that Billie Joe is doing well, and we want to thank you all for the outpouring of support and well wishes that we have received, and we can't wait to see you all again soon."
music news, entertainment
- Glendale Galleria $85K bracelet thief sought 26 min ago
- Colorado shooting victim dies at hospital
- Reseda shooting suspect ID'ed as Iraq war vet
- Shoppers flock to stores for last-minute gifts
- Van Nuys arsonist suspect sought by LAFD 20 min ago
- LA family seeks justice after deputy shooting
- HB riot suspect sentenced to 12 days in jail 17 min ago
- US holiday travelers brace for ice and snow
- Astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs 6 min ago
- Arkansas tornadoes injure 5, damage homes
- abcnews: Army's new weapon can shoot down drones
- SUV makers unveil new efficient features
- Amy Adams talks playing sexy con artist
- OTRC: Chuck Norris spoofs Van Damme's 'Epic Split'