Kirstie Alley, 'DWTS' stars aid Sandy victims
LOS FELIZ, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- "Dancing With The Stars" celebrities and their partners are lending a helping hand for victims of superstorm Sandy. They gathered and packed up boxes of supplies in Los Feliz on Friday.
Kirstie Alley said she wanted to help, and all it took was a single tweet.
"I said I need a trucker and a semi-truck, and this guy Bobby from Phoenix drove his truck in today," she said.
Alley's professional dance partner on the show, Maksim Chmerkovskiy, said he has family on the East Coast and is glad he can help from thousands of miles away.
"I want to be back home, but I honestly don't know what I would do more than this," Chmerkovskiy said.
Items needed include warm clothing, baby supplies and food.
"A lot of people can't even get to their homes to get stuff because they evacuated with the thought that they were going to be able to just go back," said Tony Dovolani, a professional dancer on the show.
The truck hauling the supplies isn't leaving until Monday. Anyone who would like to donate can do so by taking items to Organic Liaison at 1864 N. Vermont Avenue in the Los Feliz neighborhood of Los Angeles.
dancing with the stars, charity, storm, new york, los feliz, entertainment, melissa macbride
- Delivery man fatally shot in South Los Angeles
- Bus crash: Driver remembered as a 'hero'
- Westlake High coach accused of sex with teen
- SKorea ferry accident: 10 more bodies pulled
- 2 boys molested at different South Bay parks
- Orange County carport collapses; no one hurt
- East Hollywood fire: Garage heavily damaged
- Del Taco customers charged thousands for meal
- Free admission offered to all national parks
- abcnews: Eclectic early summer festivals
- 13th body pulled following Everest avalanche
- Documents detail another delayed GM recall
- Mickey Rooney buried at Hollywood Forever
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour