Jermaine Jackson wants to change last name
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Jermaine Jackson is looking to change his famous last name. He filed a petition to change his last name to Jacksun.
The older brother of Michael Jackson cited artistic reasons for the change.
The filing doesn't elaborate, but Jackson's friend Steve Dennis, who was speaking on the singer's behalf, said it's not unheard of for artists to change their names. "Phonetically, it changes nothing," he said.
Jackson has been touring with his brothers in recent months and has been promoting his book about his brother titled, "You Are Not Alone."
A hearing on whether Jackson will become Jacksun is scheduled for Feb. 22 in Los Angeles.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Lead found in soil at homes, school in Vernon
- Missing jetliner made it to Malacca Strait 6 min ago
- Overturned big rig shuts lanes on 91 East
- Prosecutor: OC couple's murder not about money
- Remains of Hollywood Park racehorse exhumed
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- Montclair hit-run kills woman, injures teen
- Amber Alert canceled; LB boy found safe
- Sandy Hook gunman's father breaks silence
- Colorado collects $2M in recreational pot taxes
- Parents distracted by devices, study says
- abcnews: Family calls 911, held hostage by pet cat 45 min ago
- Justin Bieber gets mad in deposition video
- Photos: 'Bachelor' Juan Pablo kisses 5 contestants
- Latest weather with Danny Romero
42 min ago