Jermaine Jackson wants to change last name
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Jermaine Jackson is looking to change his famous last name. He filed a petition to change his last name to Jacksun.
The older brother of Michael Jackson cited artistic reasons for the change.
The filing doesn't elaborate, but Jackson's friend Steve Dennis, who was speaking on the singer's behalf, said it's not unheard of for artists to change their names. "Phonetically, it changes nothing," he said.
Jackson has been touring with his brothers in recent months and has been promoting his book about his brother titled, "You Are Not Alone."
A hearing on whether Jackson will become Jacksun is scheduled for Feb. 22 in Los Angeles.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Fallbrook tour bus crash: Victim identified 45 min ago
- Torrance donut shop robbery: Suspect sought
- Tour bus overturns on 15 Freeway in Corona
- Help Garth stuff buses full of toys in Anaheim 8 min ago
- Kelly Thomas trial: Cause of death revisited
- Baca says special hiring program dismantled
- Moorpark High closed after threatening note
- abcnews: Service dog helps girl in surgery
- Harry Reid in the hospital for observation
- Kate Middleton phone messages read in court
- London theater partial collapse; 75+ hurt
- Kobe Bryant injured again, will miss 6 weeks
- Farrah Fawcett portrait belongs to O'Neal
- OTRC: Kristen Johnston diagnosed w/ Lupus Myelitis