Painting from Monet's 'Water Lilies' sells for over $43M
NEW YORK (KABC) -- A painting from Claude Monet's "Water Lilies" series sold for a record of over $43 million at a New York auction Wednesday.
It dates from 1905, which is the year Monet began painting his garden's lily pond in Giverny, France.
The painting is considered one of the best in the series.
It sold at Christie's auction house for $43,762,500.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
new york, entertainment
- Tour bus crash in Corona: 91-yr-old man dies
- Target probe focuses on processing centers
- Slain chase suspect's family files $20M claim
- Fallbrook tour bus crash: Victim identified 58 min ago
- Indio High students, faculty tested for TB
- Lancaster woman found dead; sons questioned
- Calif. jobless rate continues positive trend
- Utah's same-sex marriage ban overturned
- Helicopter gunships used in MX resort battle
- abcnews: One of Van Gogh's last paintings unveiled
- San Jose company recalls sausage products
- Understanding symbols on plastic containers
- Bejo's 'Past' character sometimes unlikeable
- OTRC: Beyonce kisses Madonna's daughter (Photo)