'Twihards' abuzz in anticipation of premiere in LA
DOWNTOWN LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The Lakers weren't the only ones stirring up excitement in downtown Los Angeles on Sunday night.
Right next door at L.A. Live, hundreds of so-called "Twihards" were camping out for Monday's premiere of "The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 2."
Many endured several cold nights for a chance to see the stars walk the black carpet and enjoy the final film in the blockbuster vampire romance series. Some had begun camping out since Thursday.
"I think I got more excited when all the stars came out earlier today and just visited all of us in the tents," said Melissa Rivett of Chicago. "Tomorrow is it and you start getting a little sad because it is it."
"Meeting all my friends I've made through 'Twilight,' that's the best part of the whole thing," said Victoria Kennedy of Baton Rouge, La."I have friends from Ireland, Belgium, Brazil."
Most of the campers were women and girls, but Palm Springs resident Tony Phillipis was there with his wife and four children.
"When we first came here I asked my wife, 'Babe, am I the only man here?' and she tells me, 'Yes, for now,'" Phillipis said.
Many of the fans said Monday would be bitter sweet for them.
twilight saga, celebrity, downtown, movie premiere, movie news, entertainment, amy powell
- Spaccia convicted in Bell corruption trial
- 18 indicted in LA Sheriff's Dept abuse probe
- Southland seeing cold temps, windy conditions
- Houseguest arrested after 80-year-old's death
- OCTA votes against 405 Freeway toll lanes
- Man who allegedly pranked coaches arrested
- Glendale man gets 5 yrs in 'sextortion' case
- Ex-SD Mayor Filner sentenced for harassment
- abcnews: Gun makers thriving year after Newtown
- Storm snarls travel; power outages persist
- New cockroach found in NYC can withstand cold
- 6 finalists announced for 2013 Heisman trophy
- Jenni Rivera plane crash: New details emerge
- OTRC: Meredith Baxter weds partner Nancy Locke