'Twihards' abuzz in anticipation of premiere in LA
DOWNTOWN LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The Lakers weren't the only ones stirring up excitement in downtown Los Angeles on Sunday night.
Right next door at L.A. Live, hundreds of so-called "Twihards" were camping out for Monday's premiere of "The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 2."
Many endured several cold nights for a chance to see the stars walk the black carpet and enjoy the final film in the blockbuster vampire romance series. Some had begun camping out since Thursday.
"I think I got more excited when all the stars came out earlier today and just visited all of us in the tents," said Melissa Rivett of Chicago. "Tomorrow is it and you start getting a little sad because it is it."
"Meeting all my friends I've made through 'Twilight,' that's the best part of the whole thing," said Victoria Kennedy of Baton Rouge, La."I have friends from Ireland, Belgium, Brazil."
Most of the campers were women and girls, but Palm Springs resident Tony Phillipis was there with his wife and four children.
"When we first came here I asked my wife, 'Babe, am I the only man here?' and she tells me, 'Yes, for now,'" Phillipis said.
Many of the fans said Monday would be bitter sweet for them.
twilight saga, celebrity, downtown, movie premiere, movie news, entertainment, amy powell
- 4 kids abducted by parents in Boyle Heights
- Woman's remains, clothes found at Orange County wilderness park
- Malaysia missing jet: Focus turns to pilots
- Comedian David Brenner dies at age 78
- Tustin theater evacuated for investigation
- Burbank stabbing leaves 2 in serious condition
- High-speed chase leads to arrests, 5 injuries
- Young woman's body found in Santa Paula park
- Brush fire erupts in Thermal, near Indio
- abcnews: NJ mom who hired hit man speaks out
- Ukraine: Russian forces move outside Crimea
- Sailor in iconic WWII kissing photo dies
- Honda Odysseys recalled amid fuel leak fears
- OTRC: Jamie Lynn Spears, 22, gets married - report