Elmo puppeteer's accuser recants allegations
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- The man who brought allegations again the puppeteer who performs as Elmo on "Sesame Street" is now recanting.
The man had accused Kevin Clash of having an inappropriate relationship with him when he was just a teen, but on Tuesday, the 23-year-old man said in a statement that the sexual relationship was adult and consensual.
The man had no further comment on the matter. He issued the statement through the law firm of Andreozzi & Associates.
In response, Clash issued a statement, saying he was "relieved that this painful allegation has been put to rest."
Sesame Workshop had stated earlier that its investigation found the allegation of underage conduct to be unsubstantiated.
Clash, the divorced father of a grown daughter, has been a puppeteer for "Sesame Street" since 1984.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
sex crimes, entertainment
- Gusty winds elevate fire dangers in SoCal 33 min ago
- Mountain lion roams Hollywood Hills - video
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane
- Compton teachers call in sick, want pay raise
- Tanker crash shuts I-5 North lanes in Castaic 16 min ago
- LA Co. focuses on stormwater capture projects
- Bizarre East LA bank robbery trial begins
- 39-year-old man found dead in Apple Valley
- 5-alarm fire destroys San Francisco building
- Colorado triple homicide: Friend arrested
- abcnews: Target photo flap creates thigh gap
- Elderly man fights off burglar with hammer
- Obama pushes health care on Funny or Die
- OTRC: Selena Gomez films Adidas ads (Photos)