Springsteen, Kanye set for NY Sandy benefit
NEW YORK (KABC) -- Bruce Springsteen & the E Street Band, Kanye West and other big names will hit the stage at a Superstorm Sandy benefit.
Madison Square Garden announced on Thursday that the Dec. 12 show, dubbed "12-12-12," will also feature Paul McCartney, Billy Joel, The Who, Alicia Keys and Jon Bon Jovi.
Funds from the concert will go to the Robin Hood Relief Fund to benefit those affected by Sandy in New York, New Jersey and Connecticut.
The superstorm's assault more than two weeks ago created widespread damage and power outages throughout the area.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
storm, music news, celebrity, new york, entertainment
- DUI driver slams car into LA home; girl dead
- 2 nurses stabbed in separate hospital attacks
- Teen survives CA to HI flight in wheel well
- 3 new Hollywood sex abuse lawsuits expected 59 min ago
- LAPD officer hurt in Northridge 4-car crash
- LA coach gets 130 years in child molest case
- Oxnard pedestrian hit at intersection, dies
- Bus crash: Driver remembered as a 'hero'
- Drone in Yemen kills 9 al Qaeda members
- SKorea ferry accident death toll at 58
- abcnews: Dashcams capture possible meteorite
- Kevin Sharp, country singer, dies at age 43
- 'Capt. America' tops box office for 3rd week
- OTRC: Kate Mara on 'Transcendence,' terrorist role