Miley Cyrus granted restraining order against trespasser
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Miley Cyrus was granted a three-year restraining order Friday against a man who trespassed at her L.A. home in September.
Cyrus requested the civil restraining order against Jason Luis Rivera, 40, after he was arrested trying to break into her residence in September. Rivera was carrying scissors when he was arrested.
Rivera was convicted in October of trespassing and sentenced to 18 months in jail. He is scheduled to be released in May.
The restraining order is in effect for three years.
Cyrus was not at home during the September incident.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Blind man falls on tracks, survives train
- Temple City man denies creating Bitcoin
- IE cross memorial removed after complaints
- OC man arrested for pot brownie sales to kids
- Oxnard hit-and-run victim in critical condition
- CSULB researchers launch 'Kelp Watch 2014'
- Dodger lot beating: federal gun indictments
- Drunk gambler sues LV casino following loss
- Baby rescued on FL freeway home from hospital
- Obama: West won't let Kremlin carve up Ukraine
- abcnews: Charges filed in missing nursing student case
- Factors that may lead to Alzheimer's disease
- Justin Bieber's urine test video released
- OTRC: Angelina Jolie talks 'Maleficent,' daughter