Miley Cyrus granted restraining order against trespasser
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Miley Cyrus was granted a three-year restraining order Friday against a man who trespassed at her L.A. home in September.
Cyrus requested the civil restraining order against Jason Luis Rivera, 40, after he was arrested trying to break into her residence in September. Rivera was carrying scissors when he was arrested.
Rivera was convicted in October of trespassing and sentenced to 18 months in jail. He is scheduled to be released in May.
The restraining order is in effect for three years.
Cyrus was not at home during the September incident.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Search for Oklahoma survivors almost complete
- Greuel, Garcetti face off on Election Day 19 min ago
- Prosecutors shed light on Maribel Ramos murder 51 min ago
- Vinny Del Negro out as LA Clippers coach
- LA search-and-rescue on standby for Oklahoma 7 min ago
- LAPD officer accused of lewd acts on 2 girls
- Jogger sexually assaulted in Santa Paula
- UC hospital workers strike over understaffing
- Jodi Arias jury sentencing deliberations begin
- Bin Laden photos: Court sides with US govt
- abcnews: Boston bombing probe heads to Russia
- 2013 Legacy, Outback recalled for steering issue
- New ACL surgery technique reduces failure rate 5 min ago
- Photos: 'Dancing With The Stars' week 10