Kate Winslet says she's proud of CBE title
LONDON (KABC) -- Kate Winslet says she's incredibly proud to be honored with the title of CBE, which stands for Commander of the British Empire.
The actress said the queen told her she was delighted to give her this honor. Winslet said she was proud of the title but admitted that she felt a little undeserving of the honor.
"I really am incredibly proud. It's an extraordinary moment and there's definitely a part of me that, you know, okay, this doesn't really make any sense. This doesn't add up. How is it that I'm being given this?" Winslet said.
"There are parts of me that feel very young and I feel like I haven't saved anyone's life, and I always think that honors like this should be given to people who are doing things like that," she added.
Winslet says the queen asked her if she loved her job, and she replied, "yes."
ABC News contributed to this report.
- Delivery man fatally shot in South Los Angeles
- Bus crash: Driver remembered as a 'hero'
- Westlake High coach accused of sex with teen
- SKorea ferry accident: 10 more bodies pulled
- 2 boys molested at different South Bay parks
- Orange County carport collapses; no one hurt
- East Hollywood fire: Garage heavily damaged
- Del Taco customers charged thousands for meal
- Free admission offered to all national parks
- abcnews: Eclectic early summer festivals
- 13th body pulled following Everest avalanche
- Documents detail another delayed GM recall
- Mickey Rooney buried at Hollywood Forever
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour