Kate Winslet says she's proud of CBE title
LONDON (KABC) -- Kate Winslet says she's incredibly proud to be honored with the title of CBE, which stands for Commander of the British Empire.
The actress said the queen told her she was delighted to give her this honor. Winslet said she was proud of the title but admitted that she felt a little undeserving of the honor.
"I really am incredibly proud. It's an extraordinary moment and there's definitely a part of me that, you know, okay, this doesn't really make any sense. This doesn't add up. How is it that I'm being given this?" Winslet said.
"There are parts of me that feel very young and I feel like I haven't saved anyone's life, and I always think that honors like this should be given to people who are doing things like that," she added.
Winslet says the queen asked her if she loved her job, and she replied, "yes."
ABC News contributed to this report.
- Moorpark High closed after threatening note 25 min ago
- Rain, winds moving across Southern California 24 min ago
- Target security breach: 40M possibly affected
- Students allegedly hack system, change grades 12 min ago
- 2 taken to hospital after school bus crash
- Body found in Corona; investigation underway
- Kelly Thomas trial: Defense rests its case
- Fire erupts at strip mall in Hawthorne
- Mega Millions: Georgia winner comes forward
- abcnews: Renewed Gacy probe reunites family
- India wants NYC arrested diplomat case dropped
- Mexico resort shootout: 5 dead in Rocky Point
- 'Anchorman 2' is overhyped, but still funny
- OTRC: Kristen Johnston: I have Lupus Myelitis
- Latest weather with Bri Winkler
39 min ago