Kate Winslet says she's proud of CBE title
LONDON (KABC) -- Kate Winslet says she's incredibly proud to be honored with the title of CBE, which stands for Commander of the British Empire.
The actress said the queen told her she was delighted to give her this honor. Winslet said she was proud of the title but admitted that she felt a little undeserving of the honor.
"I really am incredibly proud. It's an extraordinary moment and there's definitely a part of me that, you know, okay, this doesn't really make any sense. This doesn't add up. How is it that I'm being given this?" Winslet said.
"There are parts of me that feel very young and I feel like I haven't saved anyone's life, and I always think that honors like this should be given to people who are doing things like that," she added.
Winslet says the queen asked her if she loved her job, and she replied, "yes."
ABC News contributed to this report.
- Blind man falls on tracks, survives train
- Temple City man denies creating Bitcoin
- IE cross memorial removed after complaints
- OC man arrested for pot brownie sales to kids
- Oxnard hit-and-run victim in critical condition
- CSULB researchers launch 'Kelp Watch 2014'
- Dodger lot beating: federal gun indictments
- Drunk gambler sues LV casino following loss
- Baby rescued on FL freeway home from hospital
- Obama: West won't let Kremlin carve up Ukraine
- abcnews: Charges filed in missing nursing student case
- Factors that may lead to Alzheimer's disease
- Justin Bieber's urine test video released
- OTRC: Angelina Jolie talks 'Maleficent,' daughter