Kate Winslet says she's proud of CBE title
LONDON (KABC) -- Kate Winslet says she's incredibly proud to be honored with the title of CBE, which stands for Commander of the British Empire.
The actress said the queen told her she was delighted to give her this honor. Winslet said she was proud of the title but admitted that she felt a little undeserving of the honor.
"I really am incredibly proud. It's an extraordinary moment and there's definitely a part of me that, you know, okay, this doesn't really make any sense. This doesn't add up. How is it that I'm being given this?" Winslet said.
"There are parts of me that feel very young and I feel like I haven't saved anyone's life, and I always think that honors like this should be given to people who are doing things like that," she added.
Winslet says the queen asked her if she loved her job, and she replied, "yes."
ABC News contributed to this report.
- Las Vegas casino shooting video released
- NASA: Cooling pump on space station shuts down
- Wife, sister shot in purported mercy killings
- Disabled councilman knocked out in Devore crash
- Mansion party arrests: Teens post pics online
- Human remains found in forest above Altadena
- 'Button-down Bandit' arrested after pursuit
- Prisoner reduction deadline pushed to April
- 1 dead in small plane crash off Molokai, Hawaii
- Senator's aide arrested on child porn charges
- abcnews: Bernie Madoff's 7 biggest lies
- Moving while sitting can prevent back pain
- Mega Millions jackpot soars to $400 million
- OTRC: Idina Menzel and Taye Diggs separate