Justin Bieber awarded Diamond Jubilee Medal
OTTAWA, Canada (KABC) -- Justin Bieber, one of Canada's most notable citizens, was honored with the Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee Medal for his achievements.
Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper presented the award to the 18-year-old singing sensation. Harper posted a photo of the two shaking hands on his Twitter account.
The award was created to commemorate the 60th anniversary of the queen's reign and to honor significant achievements by Canadians.
In total, 60,000 Canadians have received the award this year.
- Pedestrian hit, killed on I-5 in Downey area 34 min ago
- 2 dead after car plows through SXSW crowd 2 min ago
- NYC explosion kills 7; rescuers resume search
- OC high-speed chase ends in police shooting 26 min ago
- 2 sought for stealing purses at Bell salons
- Indecent exposure suspect sought in Irvine
- Bell trial: Rizzo's sentencing postponed
- Body of man found at Montebello parking lot
- Colorado River Board of CA discusses drought
- Malaysia: No debris at spot on China images
- abcnews: Amazon accused of cheating on free shipping 29 min ago
- Soldier pops out of box, surprises daughter
- Chris Pine arrested for DUI in New Zealand
- OTRC: Kim Kardashian wears sister Kylie's bikini