Justin Bieber awarded Diamond Jubilee Medal
OTTAWA, Canada (KABC) -- Justin Bieber, one of Canada's most notable citizens, was honored with the Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee Medal for his achievements.
Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper presented the award to the 18-year-old singing sensation. Harper posted a photo of the two shaking hands on his Twitter account.
The award was created to commemorate the 60th anniversary of the queen's reign and to honor significant achievements by Canadians.
In total, 60,000 Canadians have received the award this year.
- NKorea deports captive American war veteran
- Covina home-invasion robbery: girl, dad shot
- Ex-detective arrested for tipping off gang
- Nelson Mandela's legacy honored around world 3 min ago
- 'Valley Bandit' wanted for 8 bank robberies
- Family settles over Chino school gun accident
- Suspected heist reported, 12 tons of pot found
- New Mexico cop fired after minivan shooting
- abcnews: Bill Clinton reveals insights from Mandela
- 6 detained in theft of radioactive material
- Smartphone apps for a better night's sleep
- Long Beach motorcycle show offers demo rides
- 'Out of the Furnace' showcases pacing, acting
- OTRC: Grammys 2014 - list of nominees