Justin Bieber awarded Diamond Jubilee Medal
OTTAWA, Canada (KABC) -- Justin Bieber, one of Canada's most notable citizens, was honored with the Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee Medal for his achievements.
Canadian Prime Minister Stephen Harper presented the award to the 18-year-old singing sensation. Harper posted a photo of the two shaking hands on his Twitter account.
The award was created to commemorate the 60th anniversary of the queen's reign and to honor significant achievements by Canadians.
In total, 60,000 Canadians have received the award this year.
- Man found tied up, burned on 605 Freeway
- Boston bombing anniversary disrupted by hoax
- South Korea ferry sinks; 2 dead, 14 injured
- Victim's mother faces murder suspects in court
- State audit: Cudahy must repay $22.7 million
- San Pedro Elks Lodge fire may be suspicious
- Murrieta suspect fixated on girls' socks
- Teen caught egging homeless woman in Lancaster
- LA Register newspaper takes on digital age
- First women move into Army combat jobs
- abcnews: Conjoined twins leave Dallas hospital
- Photos: Boston Marathon bombing - 1 year later
- 'Fast & Furious' enlists Paul Walker's brothers
- OTRC: Ice Cube clarifies Paul Walker comments