Bjork says vocal cord surgery was success
LONDON (KABC) -- Icelandic singer Bjork says she underwent an operation to remove a vocal cord polyp and it was successful.
The 47-year-old singer said on her website that before having the surgery, she had been trying to tackle the problem with exercises and diets since doctors first discovered the polyp, a benign growth on either one or both of the vocal cords, several years ago.
But she decided to have laser surgery and says it worked, though she had to stay quiet for three weeks.
She wrote: "Surgery rocks! ... It's been very satisfying to sing all them clear notes again."
She apologized for canceling shows earlier this year and says she looks forward to singing for her fans next year.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
celebrity, health, entertainment
- Mulholland Bridge over I-405 finally opens
- South LA grandmother found dead in apartment
- Venice beating caught on cam; suspects sought
- Baca acknowledges deputy hiring issues
- Motorcycle officer injured in Mid-City crash 40 min ago
- Woman shot to death in Long Beach; no arrests
- Proposed power plant splits Palmdale, Lancaster
- LAX suspect indicted on 1st-degree murder
- Man kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- abcnews: Pope delivers Christmas message to serve poor
- MoneyGram scam victims receive refund checks
- Colorado school shooter wrote plan on arm
- Video: 'American Hustle' takes you back to the '70s 40 min ago
- Photos: Brad Pitt over the years, 1991 to present
- Two smart watch models put to the test
20 min ago