Halle Berry's ex Gabriel Aubry gets restraining order against actress' fiancé Olivier Martinez; graphic photos released
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Gabriel Aubry, the father of Halle Berry's daughter, has obtained a civil restraining order against Berry's fiancé, Olivier Martinez.
The two got into a fight outside Berry's home when Aubry was dropping off the couple's daughter on Thanksgiving Day. Both men went to the hospital for treatment.
On Monday, graphic photos and new accusations emerged. Aubry claims Martinez threatened to kill him during the brawl that left him with a broken rib and a bruised face. The Canadian-born model's claims are detailed in the court filings that prompted a judge to grant the restraining order against Martinez.
In the court documents, Aubry said he was about to get in his car to leave when Martinez told him they needed to talk.
"All of a sudden, Mr. Martinez jumped on me on the side of my body, and punched me such that he had taken me down to the ground. He continued to punch me at least two or three times, kicked me in the ribs with his knee or foot, and took my head in his hands and slammed it to the concrete driveway," Aubry said.
The 37-year-old claims it all happened so fast that he didn't see Martinez coming and wasn't able to defend himself, as suggested by photos of Aubry's unmarked hands.
"While he was attacking me physically, Mr. Martinez said to me in an aggressive and threatening voice, 'You cost us 3 million dollars. When you see the judge, you're going to tell him you're going to Paris or I'm going to kill you. You're going to Paris, you're going to get your 20 grand a month in child support. From now on you're going to do drop offs on the street. I'm not just some [expletive] actor, you don't know me,'" Aubry said in the filing.
Aubry and Berry had been involved in a bitter custody battle over their daughter, Nahla. A judge ruled last month that Berry could not relocate the child to France, where the Oscar winner was hoping to move with Martinez.
Aubry claims Martinez threatened him the day before the fight at an event at his daughter's school. And on the day of the scuffle, Aubry claims that Martinez threatened to kill him if he didn't tell the cops that he was the one who attacked Martinez.
Aubry was in fact arrested and charged with misdemeanor battery. He was released on $20,000 bail. He is scheduled to appear in court Dec. 17. Meanwhile, Aubry was ordered to stay away from Martinez, Berry and their daughter. That court order expires Tuesday. Representatives for Berry and Martinez have not commented on Aubry's claims.
celebrity, fight, entertainment, leslie miller
- Man killed in South Los Angeles hit-and-run 54 min ago
- Flasher strikes UC Riverside, community college
- Trailer spills rocks on westbound 10 Freeway 50 min ago
- Victory for mom who sued TSA over breast milk
- Man found dead outside fumigated OC house 26 min ago
- Child welfare system 'in crisis': Commission
- OC school band chosen to march in Rose Parade
- Reward offered in Long Beach pelican attack
- Aereo case: Justices skeptical, concerned
- Object found in Australia likely not from jet
- abcnews: Navy officer reunited with wife, daughters
- South Korea ferry accident death toll now 135
- 4 Hollywood execs deny sexual abuse claims
- OTRC: Drew Barrymore gives birth to baby No. 2
- Alison Arngrim speaks about sex abuse
4 min ago