Francesca Eastwood named Miss Golden Globe
WEST HOLLYWOOD, Calif. (KABC) -- Francesca Eastwood, the 19-year-old daughter of Clint Eastwood and Frances Fisher, has been named Miss Golden Globe for the January ceremony.
She has appeared in a couple of films with her parents, as well as a reality series earlier this year. She is also a student at USC.
"Francesca comes from a very talented family and we are delighted to have her be our Miss Golden Globe," said Aida Takla-O'Reilly, president of the Hollywood Foreign Press Association. "She is a budding actress and is a great addition as we celebrate the show's 70th anniversary."
Traditionally, Miss Golden Globe is the daughter of a celebrity. Her duties are simple: helping out on stage during the ceremony.
Francesca Eastwood says she's been watching the Globes since she was a little girl. Her half sister, Kathryn Eastwood, was Miss Golden Globe in 2005.
celebrity, award shows, entertainment
- LA earthquake: 4.4-mag. quake shakes SoCal 1 min ago
- IE teen gets 18 months in 'sextortion' plot 31 min ago
- Body found at Anaheim trash center identified
- Crimea declares independence; West hits back
- Burbank couple rescues child with mattress
- Video: Stranded man rescued from Castaic crash
- Man high on meth terrorizes Covina family
- Newport Beach Little League suspension lifted
- Some CA cities seek water independence
- Malaysian plane search expands further
- abcnews: Woman says Scientology tore apart her family
- SEALs take oil tanker from Libyan rebels
- Oprah to sell Harpo Studios for $32 million
- OTRC: 'The Walking Dead' recap: Season 4, ep 14