Francesca Eastwood named Miss Golden Globe
WEST HOLLYWOOD, Calif. (KABC) -- Francesca Eastwood, the 19-year-old daughter of Clint Eastwood and Frances Fisher, has been named Miss Golden Globe for the January ceremony.
She has appeared in a couple of films with her parents, as well as a reality series earlier this year. She is also a student at USC.
"Francesca comes from a very talented family and we are delighted to have her be our Miss Golden Globe," said Aida Takla-O'Reilly, president of the Hollywood Foreign Press Association. "She is a budding actress and is a great addition as we celebrate the show's 70th anniversary."
Traditionally, Miss Golden Globe is the daughter of a celebrity. Her duties are simple: helping out on stage during the ceremony.
Francesca Eastwood says she's been watching the Globes since she was a little girl. Her half sister, Kathryn Eastwood, was Miss Golden Globe in 2005.
celebrity, award shows, entertainment
- Car rally held in honor of actor Paul Walker
- Body of woman found on 5 Freeway in Santa Ana 12 min ago
- Nelson Mandela remembered at South LA church
- Southland seeing cold temps, windy conditions
- Cyclist killed in crash w/ sheriff patrol car 31 min ago
- Small plane lands on 241 toll road in OC
- Man found dead inside Palmdale apartment
- IE shooting leaves 18-year-old man dead 39 min ago
- abcnews: Couple accused of Craigslist murder
- Storm along East Coast dumps snow, snarls traffic
- Ukraine sees largest anti-govt protest since 2004
- Kobe returns, but Raptors beat Lakers 106-94
- 'Frozen' tops box office in its 2nd week
- OTRC: Susan Boyle's Asperger's Syndrome diagnosis