Kim Kardashian sparks protest in Bahrain
MANAMA, Bahrain (KABC) -- Kim Kardashian's visit to Bahrain sparked protests from hardline Islamic demonstrators, denouncing her presence in the Gulf kingdom.
Riot police fired tear gas to disperse the crowd of about 50. This took place just before Kardashian opened the Bahrain branch of her Millions of Milkshakes shop.
Earlier, the reality TV star posted glowing remarks about Bahrain on her Twitter account, calling it "the prettiest place on Earth." Her remarks were re-Tweeted by Bahrain's foreign minister. Kardashian even posted a photo of herself making peace signs in front of camels with the message, "Such a fun day in Bahrain!!!"
Kardashian was in Kuwait earlier this week to open another branch of the shop.
Fans reportedly paid up to $1,200 to attend Kardashian's mall appearance in Bahrain.
Meantime, the reality star has wrapped up her three-day Mid-East tour and flew out to Germany on Sunday.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
celebrity, protest, entertainment
- Blind man falls on tracks, survives train
- Bitcoin mystery: CA man denies being creator 1 min ago
- IE cross memorial removed after complaints
- OC man arrested for pot brownie sales to kids
- Oxnard hit-and-run victim in critical condition
- CSULB researchers launch 'Kelp Watch 2014'
- Dodger lot beating: federal gun indictments
- Drunk gambler sues LV casino following loss
- Baby rescued on FL freeway home from hospital
- Obama: West won't let Kremlin carve up Ukraine
- abcnews: Charges filed in missing nursing student case
- Factors that may lead to Alzheimer's disease
- Justin Bieber's urine test video released
- OTRC: Angelina Jolie talks 'Maleficent,' daughter