'Twilight' continues to dominate box office
HOLLYWOOD, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- "The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 2" continues to dominate the box office, coming out on top for the third straight weekend.
The "Twilight" finale has brought in an estimated $17.4 million domestically, raising the domestic total to $254.6 million for the vampire tale released by Lionsgate banner Summit Entertainment.
The movie added $48.4 million overseas for an international haul of $447.8 million and a worldwide sum of $702.4 million, approaching the franchise record of $710 million for last year's "Breaking Dawn - Part 2."
"Skyfall" was a fraction behind "Twilight," with $17 million domestically. After four weekends, Sony's James Bond adventure has raised $246 million. The film also brought in $34 million overseas to put its international take at $623 million and the worldwide total at $869 million, the best cash haul ever for a Bond flick.
"Killing Them Softly," starring Brad Pitt, tanked with just $7 million domestically, despite being the weekend's top new release.
The top 10 films of the weekend:
1. "The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 2," $17.4 million
2. "Skyfall," $17 million
3. "Lincoln," $13.51 million
4. "Rise of the Guardians," $13.5 million
5. "Life of Pi," $12 million
6. "Wreck-It Ralph," $7.02 million
7. "Killing Them Softly," $7 million
8. "Red Dawn," $6.6 million
9. "Flight," $4.5 million
10. "The Collection," $3.4 million
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
movie news, entertainment
- Overturned big rig shuts lanes on 91 East
- Men w/ stolen passports on jet 'not terrorists'
- Prosecutor: OC couple's murder not about money
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- Remains of Hollywood Park racehorse exhumed
- Montclair hit-run kills woman, injures teen
- Amber Alert canceled; LB boy found safe
- Man found dead in ransacked Westmont home
- Sandy Hook gunman's father breaks silence
- abcnews: Convicted murderer of 7 awarded nearly $500K
- Colorado collects $2M in recreational pot taxes
- Parents distracted by devices, study says
- Justin Bieber gets mad in deposition video
- Photos: 'Bachelor' Juan Pablo kisses 5 contestants