'Twilight' continues to dominate box office
HOLLYWOOD, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- "The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 2" continues to dominate the box office, coming out on top for the third straight weekend.
The "Twilight" finale has brought in an estimated $17.4 million domestically, raising the domestic total to $254.6 million for the vampire tale released by Lionsgate banner Summit Entertainment.
The movie added $48.4 million overseas for an international haul of $447.8 million and a worldwide sum of $702.4 million, approaching the franchise record of $710 million for last year's "Breaking Dawn - Part 2."
"Skyfall" was a fraction behind "Twilight," with $17 million domestically. After four weekends, Sony's James Bond adventure has raised $246 million. The film also brought in $34 million overseas to put its international take at $623 million and the worldwide total at $869 million, the best cash haul ever for a Bond flick.
"Killing Them Softly," starring Brad Pitt, tanked with just $7 million domestically, despite being the weekend's top new release.
The top 10 films of the weekend:
1. "The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn - Part 2," $17.4 million
2. "Skyfall," $17 million
3. "Lincoln," $13.51 million
4. "Rise of the Guardians," $13.5 million
5. "Life of Pi," $12 million
6. "Wreck-It Ralph," $7.02 million
7. "Killing Them Softly," $7 million
8. "Red Dawn," $6.6 million
9. "Flight," $4.5 million
10. "The Collection," $3.4 million
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
movie news, entertainment
- LA gang coordinated from Kansas house: arrest
- I-5 bridge collapses in Wash.; people in water
- Boy Scouts vote to accept openly gay boys
- Palmdale boy allegedly tortured; 2 in custody
- Cold case: Cadaver dog fails to pick up scent
- IE school, parents make push for crosswalk
- 5-acre brush fire burns near Castaic school
- 5.7-magnitude earthquake strikes NorCal city
- Jodi Arias sentencing: Judge declares mistrial
- abcnews: NY man rescued after month of alleged torture
- London attack investigation: 2 more arrests
- Consumer Reports tests summertime sunscreens
- SI model accepts local teen's prom proposal
- OTRC: Jennifer Aniston plays stripper in 'Millers'