Oscars 2013: Documentary contenders include 'Bully'
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- "Ai Weiwei: Never Sorry" and "Bully" are among 15 documentary films selected for a short list of potential Oscar nominees, the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences announced Tuesday.
There were 126 documentary films eligible for Oscar consideration.
The climate-change study "Chasing Ice" and the documentary about Ethel Kennedy titled "Ethel" also made the list.
Other contenders this year include: "Detropia," "5 Broken Cameras," "The Gatekeepers," "The House I Live In," "How to Survive a Plague," "The Imposter," "The Invisible War," "Mea Maxima Culpa: Silence in the House of God," "Searching for Sugar Man," "This Is Not a Film" and "The Waiting Room."
The list will be narrowed to five nominees. Oscar nominations will be announced live on Jan. 10 at 5:30 a.m. PT.
The 2013 Oscar ceremony will air live on ABC7 on Sunday, Feb. 24.
academy awards, entertainment
- Boston Marathon runners show resilience 16 min ago
- Ambulance crash: 4 injured in Signal Hill 10 min ago
- Viewing to be held for LA police officer 39 min ago
- S.Korea ferry crew actions were 'murderous'
- DUI driver slams car into LA home; girl dead
- Alleged arsonist Tased by police in Hollywood
- Compton big rig crash leaves woman dead
- 2 nurses stabbed in separate hospital attacks
- Drone in Yemen kills 9 al Qaeda members
- abcnews: Car bursts into flames in lion habitat
- Hyun-Jin Ryu raises money for ferry victims
- 3 new Hollywood sex abuse lawsuits expected
- Kevin Sharp, country singer, dies at age 43
- OTRC: Kate Mara on 'Transcendence,' terrorist role