Grammy nominations: 6 artists tied at top
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (KABC) -- The nominees for the 55th annual Grammy Awards were announced in a blockbuster concert, and six different artists tied for the most nominations.
Jay-Z, Kanye West, Frank Ocean, fun., Mumford & Sons and Dan Auerback of The Black Keys all tied with six nominations.
Fun., of "We Are Young" fame, performed during Wednesday night's concert. LL Cool J and Taylor Swift co-hosted the event, and the two performed the country star's song "Mean." LL sang, while Swift beat-boxed.
"The GRAMMY Nominations Concert Live!! -- Countdown To Music's Biggest Night" special was held outside Los Angeles for the first time and showcased Nashville's Music City for its growing role in the music industry. The Bridgestone Arena marked the largest venue the show has been held in and it may have been a dress rehearsal for a chance to host the main awards show sometime in the future.
Best new artist nominations include Ocean, fun., Hunter Hayes, Alabama Shakes and The Lumineers.
Other nominations include Gotye's "Somebody That I Used To Know" for record of the year and Carly Rae Jepsen's "Call Me Maybe" for song of the year. Also, Beyonce's "Love on Top" was nominated for best traditional R & B performance.
CBS will air a live broadcast of 55th Annual Grammy Awards, which take place on Feb. 10, 2013 from the Staples Center in Los Angeles.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
celebrity, music news, award shows, entertainment
- Lead found in soil at homes, school in Vernon 24 min ago
- Men w/ stolen passports on jet 'not terrorists'
- Overturned big rig shuts lanes on 91 East 27 min ago
- Prosecutor: OC couple's murder not about money
- Remains of Hollywood Park racehorse exhumed
- Suspect arrested in Hollywood severed head case
- Montclair hit-run kills woman, injures teen
- Amber Alert canceled; LB boy found safe
- Sandy Hook gunman's father breaks silence
- abcnews: Convicted murderer of 7 awarded nearly $500K
- Colorado collects $2M in recreational pot taxes
- Parents distracted by devices, study says
- Justin Bieber gets mad in deposition video
- Photos: 'Bachelor' Juan Pablo kisses 5 contestants