Olympian Missy Franklin returned Justin Bieber care package
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- It's safe to say most teenage girls would be thrilled to receive a care package from pop star Justin Bieber but for a U.S. Olympian, it could have cost her a gold medal!
In a recent interview, U.S. gold medalist Missy Franklin says she returned a care package, sent from the pop star, full of T-shirts, pictures and posters.
The presents were sent after she won four medals in swimming during the London Summer Olympics.
"Huge shout out to @justinbieber for sending me all this amazing stuff! Thank you so much! Can't wait for the concert!" she tweeted along with a picture of the loot.
She says the gifts are considered a form of special treatment and could have jeopardized her status as an amateur athlete.
- Delivery man fatally shot in South Los Angeles
- Bus crash: Driver remembered as a 'hero'
- Westlake High coach accused of sex with teen
- SKorea ferry accident: 10 more bodies pulled
- 2 boys molested at different South Bay parks
- Orange County carport collapses; no one hurt
- East Hollywood fire: Garage heavily damaged 37 min ago
- Del Taco customers charged thousands for meal
- Free admission offered to all national parks
- abcnews: Eclectic early summer festivals
- 13th body pulled following Everest avalanche
- Documents detail another delayed GM recall
- Mickey Rooney buried at Hollywood Forever
- OTRC: Miley Cyrus postpones whole tour