Olympian Missy Franklin returned Justin Bieber care package
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- It's safe to say most teenage girls would be thrilled to receive a care package from pop star Justin Bieber but for a U.S. Olympian, it could have cost her a gold medal!
In a recent interview, U.S. gold medalist Missy Franklin says she returned a care package, sent from the pop star, full of T-shirts, pictures and posters.
The presents were sent after she won four medals in swimming during the London Summer Olympics.
"Huge shout out to @justinbieber for sending me all this amazing stuff! Thank you so much! Can't wait for the concert!" she tweeted along with a picture of the loot.
She says the gifts are considered a form of special treatment and could have jeopardized her status as an amateur athlete.
- 4 kids abducted by parents in Boyle Heights
- Woman's remains, clothes found at Orange County wilderness park
- Malaysia missing jet: Focus turns to pilots
- Comedian David Brenner dies at age 78
- Tustin theater evacuated for investigation
- Burbank stabbing leaves 2 in serious condition
- High-speed chase leads to arrests, 5 injuries
- Young woman's body found in Santa Paula park
- Brush fire erupts in Thermal, near Indio
- abcnews: NJ mom who hired hit man speaks out
- Ukraine: Russian forces move outside Crimea
- Sailor in iconic WWII kissing photo dies
- Honda Odysseys recalled amid fuel leak fears
- OTRC: Jamie Lynn Spears, 22, gets married - report