Olympian Missy Franklin returned Justin Bieber care package
LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- It's safe to say most teenage girls would be thrilled to receive a care package from pop star Justin Bieber but for a U.S. Olympian, it could have cost her a gold medal!
In a recent interview, U.S. gold medalist Missy Franklin says she returned a care package, sent from the pop star, full of T-shirts, pictures and posters.
The presents were sent after she won four medals in swimming during the London Summer Olympics.
"Huge shout out to @justinbieber for sending me all this amazing stuff! Thank you so much! Can't wait for the concert!" she tweeted along with a picture of the loot.
She says the gifts are considered a form of special treatment and could have jeopardized her status as an amateur athlete.
- Venice beating caught on cam; suspects sought
- Baca acknowledges deputy hiring issues
- Hollywood burglary suspects caught on camera
- MoneyGram scam victims receive refund checks
- Venice boardwalk crash victims recount ordeal
- East LA coach charged with molesting 2 teens
- LAX suspect indicted on 1st-degree murder
- Yellowstone supervolcano bigger than thought
- Man kills himself, 1 other at Reno hospital
- Reporter rejects Toronto mayor's apology
- Colorado school shooter wrote plan on arm
- abcnews: Father, daughter recreate wedding photos
- Timberlake helps fan propose to girlfriend
- Photos: Meryl Streep, Julia Roberts at 'August' debut