Hugh Jackman to receive Hollywood Walk of Fame star
HOLLYWOOD, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Hugh Jackman is set to receive a prime piece of property in Hollywood. The 44-year-old will be honored with a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame on Thursday.
His star will be located right in front of Madame Tussauds Hollywood.
Jackman stars in the new film "Les Miserables" based on the hit musical. It opens in theatres on Christmas Day. The film received a Golden Globes nomination in the best musical or comedy category. Jackman was nominated for best actor in the same category for his role as Jean Valjean.
The Australian native made his first major U.S. film appearance as Wolverine in the first installment of the "X-Men" franchise.
- Los Angeles mayoral race: Eric Garcetti wins 41 min ago
- Search for Oklahoma survivors almost complete
- Prop D, limit on pot shops in LA, passes
- 'DWTS' season finale: New champion crowned
- Bear roams around Shadow Hills neighborhood 18 min ago
- LA city attorney race: Mike Feuer wins
- Ron Galperin wins LA city controller race
- Immigration bill approved by Senate committee
- Jodi Arias jury sentencing deliberations begin
- abcnews: Boston bombing probe heads to Russia
- Bin Laden photos: Court sides with US govt
- Kings lose to Sharks 2-1, series tied 2-2
- MJ wrongful death trial: Damaging emails surface
- Photos: 'Dancing With The Stars' week 10