Hugh Jackman to receive Hollywood Walk of Fame star
HOLLYWOOD, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Hugh Jackman is set to receive a prime piece of property in Hollywood. The 44-year-old will be honored with a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame on Thursday.
His star will be located right in front of Madame Tussauds Hollywood.
Jackman stars in the new film "Les Miserables" based on the hit musical. It opens in theatres on Christmas Day. The film received a Golden Globes nomination in the best musical or comedy category. Jackman was nominated for best actor in the same category for his role as Jean Valjean.
The Australian native made his first major U.S. film appearance as Wolverine in the first installment of the "X-Men" franchise.
- Fallbrook bus crash: 1 dead, several injured
- Tour bus overturns on 15 Freeway in Corona
- Baca says special hiring program dismantled
- London theater partial collapse; 75+ hurt
- Kelly Thomas trial: Cause of death revisited
- Moorpark High closed after threatening note
- Kate Middleton phone messages read in court
- abcnews: Missing medical resident's car found
- Target security breach: 40M possibly affected
- Report finds bacteria on 97 percent of chicken
- Local woman receives seizure-treating implant
- Kobe Bryant injured again, will miss 6 weeks
- Farrah Fawcett portrait belongs to O'Neal
- OTRC: Kristen Johnston diagnosed w/ Lupus Myelitis
- CA proposal: Kill switch for stolen phones?
58 min ago