Peter Marshall's stolen 'Brother Dave' painting found after 30 years
ENCINO, LOS ANGELES (KABC) -- Peter Marshall has a prime spot picked out for a treasured piece of art stolen from his home more than 30 years ago.
"I never thought I would find Brother Dave again," said the former "Hollywood Squares" host. "Here it is, coming into my home again, which I'm really excited about."
But where has Brother Dave been? It's a question that would have conjured up creative answers from the regulars on "Hollywood Squares" with Marshall.
The portrait of the TV legend's son in his surfing prime was painted by his friend, Chick Bragg. It was stolen from Marshall's Encino home in 1983 when thieves cleaned out his art collection.
"The one painting that I really missed was this wonderful painting with my son, David, when he was probably 17 or 18," Marshall said.
In November, the painting turned up at a Long Beach flea market. The woman who bought it contacted Bragg to learn more about his art, only to learn Brother Dave already had a home. She reached out to Marshall with a true Christmas surprise.
"They've been lovely, they've been very lovely, so I get my painting tomorrow," Marshall said.
But the mystery of Brother Dave's travels remains.
celebrity, entertainment, leanne suter
- Gunman at large in East LA party shooting
- Drug boat washes ashore in Manhattan Beach
- OC teen to be tried as adult in dad beating
- 2 LB suspects accused of human trafficking
- Wildfire breaks out north of Moreno Valley 11 min ago
- OC thieves sought for smash-grab robbery
- Ex-PTA president allegedly stole candy funds
- Man killed when Amtrak train collides with car
- AZ sheriff's office profiles Latinos - judge
- Communications satellite launched into space
- London attack: 3 more arrested in slaying
- abcnews: WWII medals back after mistaken donation
- Rogers, gay soccer player, joins LA Galaxy
- OTRC: Blake Shelton's Oklahoma benefit concert