Jenni Rivera public memorial to be held at Gibson Amphitheatre
LAKEWOOD, Calif. (KABC) -- Fans of Jenni Rivera will start saying their final goodbyes this week.
A public memorial service will be held Wednesday from 10 a.m. to noon at the Gibson Amphitheatre. The burial services will be privately held.
In lieu of flowers, the family asked that donations be made to the Jenni Rivera Love Foundation in addition to a single white rose.
Fans continue to hold a vigil outside the Lakewood home where Rivera's parents live.
The 43-year-old mother and Mexican-American singing sensation was killed Dec. 9 after her small plane crashed in Nuevo Leon, Mexico. Six others, including two pilots, were also killed. The cause of the crash is under investigation.
Her remains were taken to All Souls Cemetery and Mortuary in Long Beach, her hometown.
It was earlier reported that the service would be held in Long Beach.
celebrity, plane crash, mexico, entertainment
- Shoppers flock to stores for last-minute gifts
- Driver shot, injured on 14 Fwy in Palmdale
- Reseda shooting: 1 dead, 1 injured, 1 arrested
- Astronauts tackle urgent spacewalking repairs
- Tour bus crash in Corona: 91-yr-old man dies
- Pope's message to end hunger hits home in IE
- Big Sur wildfire is now fully contained
- BART, labor union leaders reach new deal
- NJ mall carjacking, shooting: 4 men arrested
- US holiday travelers brace for foul weather 37 min ago
- abcnews: Army's new weapon can shoot down drones
- US military aircraft hit in S. Sudan, 4 hurt
- Beyonce surprises fans at Mass. Wal-Mart
- OTRC: 13 Best TV Shows of 2013 (with spoilers)