Jenni Rivera public memorial to be held at Gibson Amphitheatre
LAKEWOOD, Calif. (KABC) -- Fans of Jenni Rivera will start saying their final goodbyes this week.
A public memorial service will be held Wednesday from 10 a.m. to noon at the Gibson Amphitheatre. The burial services will be privately held.
In lieu of flowers, the family asked that donations be made to the Jenni Rivera Love Foundation in addition to a single white rose.
Fans continue to hold a vigil outside the Lakewood home where Rivera's parents live.
The 43-year-old mother and Mexican-American singing sensation was killed Dec. 9 after her small plane crashed in Nuevo Leon, Mexico. Six others, including two pilots, were also killed. The cause of the crash is under investigation.
Her remains were taken to All Souls Cemetery and Mortuary in Long Beach, her hometown.
It was earlier reported that the service would be held in Long Beach.
celebrity, plane crash, mexico, entertainment
- Tornado hits Oklahoma City suburbs; 51 dead 12 min ago
- Girl escapes brazen kidnap attempt in OC 59 min ago
- 3 charged in bizarre East LA '12 bank robbery
- Greuel, Garcetti make final stops across LA
- Video: Pit bull owners rally against discrimination
- Elephant meat, dead primate seized at LAX
- Laguna Beach sex assault suspect surrenders
- Fire near Frazier Park 90 percent contained
- UC hospital workers to strike over higher pay
- abcnews: Hofstra student killed in police standoff
- 2 killed in Turkey hot air balloon crash
- NKorea on day 3 of short-range weapon launches
- Ray Manzarek, The Doors founder, dies at 74
- OTRC: Seth MacFarlane 'unable' to host Oscars again
- Ex-'DWTS' contestants predict new winner
3 min ago
- Latest weather with Dallas Raines
8 min ago