Jenni Rivera public memorial to be held at Gibson Amphitheatre
LAKEWOOD, Calif. (KABC) -- Fans of Jenni Rivera will start saying their final goodbyes this week.
A public memorial service will be held Wednesday from 10 a.m. to noon at the Gibson Amphitheatre. The burial services will be privately held.
In lieu of flowers, the family asked that donations be made to the Jenni Rivera Love Foundation in addition to a single white rose.
Fans continue to hold a vigil outside the Lakewood home where Rivera's parents live.
The 43-year-old mother and Mexican-American singing sensation was killed Dec. 9 after her small plane crashed in Nuevo Leon, Mexico. Six others, including two pilots, were also killed. The cause of the crash is under investigation.
Her remains were taken to All Souls Cemetery and Mortuary in Long Beach, her hometown.
It was earlier reported that the service would be held in Long Beach.
celebrity, plane crash, mexico, entertainment
- Gusty winds elevate fire dangers in SoCal
- Mountain lion roams Hollywood Hills - video
- India asked to join hunt for missing plane
- Compton teachers call in sick, want pay raise
- LA Co. focuses on stormwater capture projects
- Business leaders concerned about LADWP
- Bizarre East LA bank robbery trial begins
- 39-year-old man found dead in Apple Valley
- 5-alarm fire destroys San Francisco building
- Colorado triple homicide: Friend arrested
- abcnews: Target photo flap creates thigh gap 38 min ago
- Elderly man fights off burglar with hammer
- Obama pushes health care on Funny or Die
- OTRC: Selena Gomez films Adidas ads (Photos)